Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you believe in God?And is God a he or a she?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Zeitgeist comes to my mind also, there is very little substance to it. For example in the case of Mithra, they made a comparison that said that Mithra was born of a virgin. Infact, Mithra was according to the account born as a fully grown man from a rock. Hardly a valid point of comparison. I suggest the same type of disingenuous twisting of the facts is involved in this case.

Please allay these fears and provide solid points of comparison rather than names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Jakkass wrote: »
    Zeitgeist comes to my mind also, there is very little substance to it. For example in the case of Mithra, they made a comparison that said that Mithra was born of a virgin. Infact, Mithra was according to the account born as a fully grown man from a rock. Hardly a valid point of comparison. I suggest the same type of disingenuous twisting of the facts is involved in this case.

Please allay these fears and provide solid points of comparison rather than names.

When I'm done handwalking my colicking horse every half hour and can feel my fingers again, I'll delve into the whole thing further. But anyways, short version. Osiris got hacked to pieces and dumped in a river, Isis pieced him back together which the exception of his balls as she couldn't find them, they had a kid afterwards, Osiris now guards the 'underworld' as a benevolent leader. The first "OH MY GOD WE GO SOMEPLACE OTHER THAN A HOLE IN THE GROUND" myth type thing.

Ye gods, I really am a nerd aren't I. Wait, don't answer that :pac:.

eta: I wish I had a rock for a parent. Rock's don't yell at one for 'tracking mud in on the nice clean floor, skywards!'

Advertisement