Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I get a 15-20M CAT5e Ethernet cable? In Ireland

Options
  • 23-02-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Somewhere In Ireland or alternatively an Irish website where I can get a 15-20 meter Cat5e cable :)
    Cheap one would be great :)

Btw this is my first time posting on *boards rather than *adverts, so should I have put this in the wrong category sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

try elara.ie or maybe maplins. the longest lead i have ever seen with moulded ends is 10M. you might need to get one made up by a network cable installation person. pretty simple to make up. try you local structured cabling installer. don't pay over the odds should not cost more than 20 euro, don't mind the stupid prices you see in pc world, currys, etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Marx-Computers out in Marino Cross have spools of cable and a crimping tool and can cut whatever lengths you want. They are usually pretty good price wise too. Phone them in advance with what you're looking for- and they'll have it ready for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

If you have no joy PM me and Ill send you one... I dont believe in making Patch cords so I can either get you a patch cord factory made or I can make a tested cable with Panduit Modules and two 1m path cords... Cheap and chearful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Try ebay. Thats where I get any cables I ever need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

got mine in local family run hardware shop strangely enough. None of the big places had one, they wanted to charge about twice as much as I ended up paying if they made up one for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Quandary

Hi OP,

I used to work as a techie in PC World Limerick & we would from time to time make up custom length cat5 cables for people. Id say if you're near a PC World just pop in(or phone ahead). Im sure they'll oblige!

best of luck

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

got 40 meter cable made up form here... cost 40 euro :)

http://www.lynch.ie/it-support-dublin/dublin-it-support.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Look at the date of the last post in the thread. Stop digging up threads from 7 months back!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement