Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Live Timetable

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

A Disgrace wrote: »
    AFIK all buses currently have the GPS systems hidden under the drivers seats, and the project has been ready to go for years. It works in Germany and France etc, so it should work here.. I think the Bike scheme should prove to people that vandalism won't be too much of an issue here..

Here's hoping anyway!

The equipment is only being fitted to the fleet at the moment - Government withheld funding for the project for over 10 years.

And next week they increase the fare prices by 20% citing 'for improvements to the service'.

I doubt it - fares are set by governement and are fixed for 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Finally. I might start getting the bus now. Wonder how many stops they will be on per route.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Shocking that the government withheld funding for such a basic service that has been working in other counties for years. And they wonder why people don't use public transport... and why our roads are full of cars... :(

Hopefully this combined with the re-design of the dublin bus routes we'll see much improvement in our transport system.

Paulj wrote: »
    Shocking that the government withheld funding for such a basic service that has been working in other counties for years. And they wonder why people don't use public transport... and why our roads are full of cars... :(

Hopefully this combined with the re-design of the dublin bus routes we'll see much improvement in our transport system.

One of the more crazy decisions - it does make you wonder how many people at decision making level ever use the bus!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

iUseVi wrote: »
    Sounds awesome, can't possibly see how it could be accurate though, buses may leave the first stop at the right time but with traffic plus varying driver speeds?

Unless they put GPS in buses or something but that would be expensive. I suppose there would have to be some communication between bus and sign anyway so it could be updated when the bus has passed that stop, so maybe that assists with accuracy?

I think they already have them installed a while now

I think they already have them installed a while now

Eh incorrect - the buses are currently being kitted out with the equipment.

The Summerhill fleet has now been completed and work is onging with the rest of the fleet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

KC61 wrote: »
    Eh incorrect - the buses are currently being kitted out with the equipment.

The Summerhill fleet has now been completed and work is onging with the rest of the fleet.

prob new equipment, budgets have to be met

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

:DI'd say a few of readouts would say "How the f**k would I know, ring the depot!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

tfak85 wrote: »
    that one was along a few of the palmerstown/lucan bus stops... i think they were running it off the timetable though, i remember auditors being at the busstops asking drivers exactly what time they left the terminus and stuff...
    hopefully this one will be a bit better.

I rememeber this as it was at my local stops, was fairly accurate, then it wasn't there alls of a sudden and I was lost. I'd normally pop to the 25a stop see how long the bus would be, if it was too long, head to the 66/67 stop up the road. Flummoxed me when they removed it, hope it comes back soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    Yes, just like all the dublin bikes that are now in the river :rolleyes:

I think you find you are wrong. Only 1 of the dublin bikes was stolen and was later recoverd. I use them all the time now as you never know when a bus is coming.

Have a good time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

gar32 wrote: »
    I think you find you are wrong. Only 1 of the dublin bikes was stolen and was later recoverd. I use them all the time now as you never know when a bus is coming.

Have a good time :)

I think you'll find he was being sarcastic and was actually in agreement with what you are saying! ;)

Advertisement