Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Port Forwarding problem

• 23-02-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Just switched to Chorus 15MB broadband and I have to say I'm a little put out. On my old Eircom modem I got wireless fine and had all my port forwarding and custom services set up and running fine.

When I went wireless here, I noticed at first I got 60 second lags in games, but quickly I found a solution to this, and all was good (by disabling windows zero config from services.msc menu)

With my new router I automatically though it would be fine, so when I play games I got the 60 second lag. Not a problem I thought ; I'll do the fix I stated above. So I did it, and still lagged. Plus when I enter the room/server application I game on, it doesn't load players/games like before, it just stick in limbo :pac:

Why should this be a problem? I read that Chorus don't allow certain web applications etc to run, or they will cap certain sites? It's annoying.

So I visited the modem config page, and was totally confused. ****ty layout, and I don't even get it. I set up my port forwarding, turned off firewall etc, but still, doesn't load up gaming application/server. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Have you disabled the SPI firewall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

What equipment do you have, the Cisco or Netgear and Sci Atlanta?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jonathan wrote: »
    Have you disabled the SPI firewall?

SPI?
    IrishTonyO wrote: »
    What equipment do you have, the Cisco or Netgear and Sci Atlanta?

Cisco

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The only two firewalls I know are the one on the router config page and the default windows one, and I have disabled both

• Advertisement
Advertisement