Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BHAA Garda XC 27/02/10

• 23-02-2010 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭

Phoenix Pk, 11:30am. Ladies 2mile, Mens 4mile. Registration Garda Boat Club, Islandbridge.
    Hope to give this a go on Saturday - depending on injuries:(.
    Did'nt get to do it last year but the word is its a good course.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Haven't done this one in something like 14 years :eek: - plan to be there on Sat to use it as a fast tempo run - do we have a team?
    1. gerard65
    2. BeepBeep67

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

What's the story with the bhaa? I've never ran one of there races before, just getting into training with the past few months. Can I just show up for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

1. gerard65
    2. BeepBeep67
    [/QUOTE]
    going to run this as a trainig run will e a bit slower then tempo, just need the buzz of a race

keano007 wrote: »
    What's the story with the bhaa? I've never ran one of there races before, just getting into training with the past few months. Can I just show up for this?

All the fine print is on their site - generally turn up, pay €15 for annual membership and it's €10 per race after that - great value and very well organised - there's a calendar on the site also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Can't find the 'Garda Boat Club' on google maps, is it near the 'Neptune Boat club'?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

gerard65 wrote: »
    Can't find the 'Garda Boat Club' on google maps, is it near the 'Neptune Boat club'?

Should be right about here. Allow more time than usual to get there and register as it's a long walk to the start.

Won't be there this week myself as I'm away this weekend. Think I may have done a mischief to my right calf today as well after running in the freezing snow this afternoon. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭plodder

Yep, next door or very close. There's at least three rowing clubs along there I think, and Garda is the last one along, coming from city.

I'd like to do this, but I don't think I can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

I have to travel to my brothers 30th so am going to miss this one. Disappointed as I wanted to do this one.

I will be back for NCF and AIB races though.

Plodder/Ecoli any chance of making the team up?

keano007 wrote: »

Yes you can turn up on the day. Membership of the BHAA costs €15 per annum and each race is €10 after that. If you work for a company that runs with the BHAA you can join up with their team and have more opportunities to win some prizes, otherwise you could join/setup up a team in the sector you work in.

Membership is worth if you are planning a few races and there is a decent calendar of races for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

I'll be running in this on Saturday. Really looking forward to it as i haven't run cross country in about 12 years(since i was a kid). Would be interested in joining a team for this one if anyone is still short a runner??.:D

• Advertisement

foleyalan wrote: »
    I'll be running in this on Saturday. Really looking forward to it as i haven't run cross country in about 12 years(since i was a kid). Would be interested in joining a team for this one if anyone is still short a runner??.:D

As you will be just signing up on Saturday you wont be able to score for a team as you will need to get a standard assigned first time out.

http://members.bhaa.ie/public/team/list

Check out the sector teams that are currently formed (max 6) and you might be able to get yourself on to one of these teams if you are a match (where you work). BHAA will help you get in touch with the team captains. Alternatively you can form your own sector team if you know enough runners in your sector.

Make sense?

Good luck Saturday, you are flying.

stmochtas wrote: »
    As you will be just signing up on Saturday you wont be able to score for a team as you will need to get a standard assigned first time out.

http://members.bhaa.ie/public/team/list

Check out the sector teams that are currently formed (max 6) and you might be able to get yourself on to one of these teams if you are a match (where you work). BHAA will help you get in touch with the team captains. Alternatively you can form your own sector team if you know enough runners in your sector.

Make sense?

Good luck Saturday, you are flying.

Thanks for the reply stmochtas, i dont know if this makes a difference but i am already a member. I paid online two weeks ago. Got a member number and all. As i said dont know much about the whole thing, i suppose ill know alot more about it on Saturday. Anyway am happy enough to just run it and start getting some racing under my belt. Cheers

Thanks for the reply stmochtas, i dont know if this makes a difference but i am already a member. I paid online two weeks ago. Got a member number and all. As i said dont know much about the whole thing. Anyway am happy enough to just run it and start getting some racing under my belt. Cheers

Good man. If you are already a member then you can start tracking down a team. The rule still applies that you will need one race before you can score so that BHAA can give you a starting standard. Email registrar@bhaa.ie if you see a team you match or think about starting one.

Good man. If you are already a member then you can start tracking down a team. The rule still applies that you will need one race before you can score so that BHAA can give you a starting standard. Email registrar@bhaa.ie if you see a team you match or think about starting one.

Cheers stmochtas, thanks for all the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Hoping to be there too, missed the ALSAA race a few weeks ago. There's still a few things that could get in the way though, don't know yet if I have to work on Sat (doesn't look like it) and I'll have to kick myself out of bed after going to a ball the night before :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭plodder

Plodder/Ecoli any chance of making the team up?
    Unfortunately, I can't. :(

shels4ever wrote: »
    1. gerard65
    2. BeepBeep67

I'm out due to family commitments tomorrow morning - was looking forward to my last XC for a while.

wasnt planning on spikes for tomororw but going on conditions the last few days I think i'll dig them out tonight, only problem if the spikes go on i dont think i'll be able to take it easy. Maybe 2 mile warmup and 2 mile race will be the way to go now...

Nice morning for it, brought a big field out. Underfoot conditions not too bad just a bit muddy in one or two places. Three times up the 'Munich hill' really hurt me, might be a good idea to start training for races:o. Still, enjoyable, worth the run out.

Nice morning for it, brought a big field out. Underfoot conditions not too bad just a bit muddy in one or two places. Three times up the 'Munich hill' really hurt me, might be a good idea to start training for races:o. Still, enjoyable, worth the run out.

Yep training would help :) was happy to get around today myself injury free but with out running too hard. Will take a bit chunck from this time by the time i get to maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

shels4ever wrote: »
    was happy to get around today myself injury free

Wish I had been able to do that. Pulled my hamstring again in the last turn for home:mad:. Maulin next weekend is not looking good.

Apart from this I enjoyed the race and fair play to the boys (and girls!) in blue - they did an excellent job in organising the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭jlang

First race of the year for me. Perfect conditions for a cross country race, not too hot, not too cold, ground a little muddy in patches but generally moist rather than wet. I enjoyed the race, but as I predicted seconds before the start, old habits die hard and I went out a bit fast and was slower in the last lap. A gent about to pass me as I started to struggle the third time up one of the hills told me I could go faster than this and whadyaknow I could and did, leaving me a few seconds faster than last year. I was prepared for worse but it's a little disheartening how a couple of lazy months can neutralise the effects of the 1400 miles or so since this time last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

Hey, was just wonder if anybody knows if the results from this race are up anywhere, cant seem to find them on BHAA website?. Am interested to see where i came. Cheers:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Hey, was just wonder if anybody knows if the results from this race are up anywhere, cant seem to find them on BHAA website?. Am interested to see where i came. Cheers:confused:

Not up yet, but when they are you'll find them here: http://bhaa.ie/members/dashboard/event/index/tag/garda2010

Usually up sometime on Sunday afternoon/evening after a Saturday race...

Usually up on the BHAA site within 24hrs. Seems to be a bit of a delay this time, keep your eye on the site or here as its announced here when there up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

results are eventually up, 266 runners yesterday

http://bhaa.ie/members/dashboard/event/index/tag/garda2010

the site seemed to be up and down today. team results will be updated in the morning.

:)Thanks lads, 63rd, Happy enough with that!.:)

Advertisement