Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia WHV Job Market?

Options
  • 23-02-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Can I get some advice on this? Im sorry if this question has been asked many times before but I keep running into conflicting or old information.

Im a quantity surveyor with 2 years experience.

If I go to Aus on a WHV will I be able to get any work as a QS? Is there any work available for me or would employers prefer people who can stay longer than 6 months at any one job?

My friends are going to Perth to work for the council does anyone know what the job market is like there?

And if I cant get employment as a QS, what is the job market like in Australia right now for people with a WHV? What kind of work is available? I'll do anything, but I dont want to go there and then not be able to find a job! I hear some people get jobs straight away, others have to come home, what's the story over there?

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

HI golucky we have a sticky for this kind of stuff, the info on it is only current if we keep asking the questions there.

A QS is a fairly serious job so chances are employers are looking for a fairly serious commitment not a WHV. There is WHV work all over oz finding it can be tough.

Advertisement