Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H meetup ver 3.0?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Outer space[abstain]
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Cork please, or Limerick would be freaking awesome. If ye want I could fit a load into my house here :)

Limerick would be cool!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I could possibly go to Limerick, from May onwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Limerick pleaseeee!
    Dream scenario would be Ennis but that will never happen so Limerick is the only place I'll be able to head pour le moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Dublin
    Considering the surprising turnout of the last meetup, I think it would be an insult to the memory of the last meetup if we dont have it in dublin.....

ie I can (maybe) go to one outside Dublin during the summer, but now? Way too busy with college :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Dublin
    Can't afford to go places. Live in Dublin. Avoid Cork like the plague.

Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

But Dublin already had a meet-up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Dublin
    Currently swamped with work shant be able to leave the county. Soz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Cork
    In order of preference: Galway / Dublin / Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Dublin
    I'd prefer Dublin, but could possibly make it if it were on elsewhere. Last time was a lot of fun so I'll be there if possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Aoibheann wrote: »
    I'd prefer Dublin, but could possibly make it if it were on elsewhere. Last time was a lot of fun so I'll be there if possible!

Don't get your hopes up that she'll be there guys, I think she iz trollin'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

The wesht
    Lets be honest with ourselves guys. Anywhere outside Dublin is a bit shíte tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Dublin
    How about wicklow? No? .... I suppose I could make it to Dublin, I mean it's not like i do it every day for college or anything >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dublin
    I'll have to try to make this one. Dundalk,anyone? S'only an hour or so north of Dublin,don't rule it out! :p

Dublin is probably best for me,too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Dublin
    Will someone stick up a poll? Options being Dublin, Cork, Limerick and...not Mayo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Why does there have to be only one? The forum is pretty popular now, I'd say there's enough posters to cover a Dublin, Cork and possibly a Limerick meet-up aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Dublin
    Why does there have to be only one? The forum is pretty popular now, I'd say there's enough posters to cover a Dublin, Cork and possibly a Limerick meet-up aswell.

I agree with this.

Could be done, but was suggested before last meetup and never really went through. Perhaps a separate thread for Dublin/Limerick/Cork could be started?

If they're held different dates it could be possible for some people to attend more than one to keep the numbers up, but that depends whether they'd be up for two meetups in such short time.

My main concern about travelling is that it would be a lot of time travelling and I'd have no idea how much people would end up showing up.
    In addition to that places to stay (if it's late in the day) could be a problem, and any drink-related things could keep away younger members (why bother travelling if there's a chance you'd be turned away).

Dublin
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    My main concern about travelling is that it would be a lot of time travelling and I'd have no idea how much people would end up showing up.
    In addition to that places to stay (if it's late in the day) could be a problem, and any drink-related things could keep away younger members (why bother travelling if there's a chance you'd be turned away).

I think the Country one would have to be a day meetup since more of the posters are under the age of 17 [deise, hitlersson and M&S for example] but with the dublin one we could have a day and night one since alot of us that live in Dublin are 18 and over.

unknown13 wrote: »
    I think the Country one would have to be a day meetup since more of the posters are under the age of 17 [deise, hitlersson and M&S for example] but with the dublin one we could have a day and night one since alot of us that live in Dublin are 18 and over.

Well the plan for the previous Dublin one was Leisureplex fairly early and then the older ones would go to the pub, it just ended up being a pub trip since none of the younger members made it in the end and it was far later than expected when everyone showed up.

I'd say this could work, just make sure to have it on late enough so that people can arrive in time and early enough for people to get home?
    Perhaps in the thread(s?) when a date is decided people could post what times they could be available, like "I can't get there until half 12 and I have to leave by half 6" in case buses/trains aren't that frequent?

Dublin
    In all fairness Stillorgan is a hard location to get to and I am saying that when live in Stillorgan and it would be a nightmare to get to for someone not from south county Dublin. I actually didn't go to that meetup because I was busy. When we say Dublin we should mean Dublin City like O' Connell street, College Green or St. Stephens Green

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    In all fairness Stillorgan is a hard location to get to and I am saying that when live in Stillorgan and it would be a nightmare to get to for someone not from south county Dublin. I actually didn't go to that meetup because I was busy. When we say Dublin we should mean Dublin City like O' Connell street, College Green or St. Stephens Green

Yeah should've considered that, plan was to meet at Spire and get a bus but that just never happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Dublin
    How many people turned up last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Wouldnt mind Limerick one...Already met some Dublin Boardsies and they''re all bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Dublin
    first of all:Tha fack!!,extrasupervery only vote for one,but not may,but not limerick or dublin,then what would you vite for,who'd know.WHO'D KNOW??it could break the internet
    Hotaru wrote: »
    How many people turned up last time?
    about 12-ish[there is a list of attendees somewhere in the thread for the last one.

I'm all for meeting at the spire again and I'm cool with being the "flag pole" again.hopefully it won't be just me pyggy and kev again for the first 2 hours[not that I minded,it's just that it started at 22 people saying they'd be there and 3 of us were there for half it]

I'm cool with almost anywhere,I'm used to spending inordinate amounts of time on a bus,so anywhere is grand with me,i just need some time to think of a better excuse than "I'm meeting internet people" to spend the weekend away

about 12-ish[there is a list of attendees somewhere in the thread for the last one.

14 at one point but I think a couple of people left just as the last few showed up so realistically it never went past 12 for more than a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I know this sucks for people who don't live around Dublin , but this thing has to please the masses . It just doesn't work to well outside Dublin .
    To have a meet up at least five people have to be definite.
    You could always have a couple , people from limerick /cork and people from Dublin.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Outer space[abstain]
    phlegms wrote: »
    Lets be honest with ourselves guys. Anywhere outside Dublin is a bit shíte tbh..

It's not so much the comment that annoys me, but that 5 people felt it was good enough to be thanked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It's not so much the comment that annoys me, but that 5 people felt it was good enough to be thanked.
    yeah that's annoying , I think it would be great to have it in galway or cork , not sure about limerick as never really heard it was great for much , it's still doesn't negate the point that have it outside dublin is overall practical for a main one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Dublin
    or we could try two? a cork one and a dublin one?

I'd say fairly reliably that a dublin meetup would get 5 to show up quite easily,anywhere else I'm not quite as sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Outer space[abstain]
    cHaTbOx wrote: »
    yeah that's annoying , I think it would be great to have it in galway or cork , not sure about limerick as never really heard it was great for much , it's still doesn't negate the point that have it outside dublin is overall practical for a main one.

Limerick is great for everything!! As far as I know a lot more people live closer to Limerick on this then they do to Cork(soz jay p) so would it not make sense to have one in Limerick for those who live in Munster? And then another one in Dublin for people who don't want to leave the pale??:p

I also wouldn't need a far-fetched excuse to visit people in Limerick.

Advertisement