Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H meetup ver 3.0?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Dublin
    but dublin already had one like.
    So at least give another city or town a chance to host a lovely group of boardsies :)

I don't mind another city getting one but the culchie posters would have to agree on the location themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Outer space[abstain]
    unknown13 wrote: »
    I don't mind another city getting one but the culchie posters would have to agree on the location themselves.

as a culchie I vote for limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Dublin
    There's no limit on amount of meet ups o_O

This thread seems to be about organising a Dublin one, as itsuits the majority of people, for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Dublin
    I know it must be annoying that stuff like this will always be Dublin based, but if people can't, or aren't willing to, travel to Dublin to meet up, surely they can then understand why Dublin based boardsies aren't keen on travelling in the same manner?

People will always realistically want it closest to themselves, and the majority live in Dublin, I doubt it'll change anytime soon.

Organising separate meet ups for people in different areas is the way to go I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Dublin
    Rgith,lads paul is right: people want the easiest place to go to and thanks to irish transport that's dublin.I'm not trying to sound preferential,I'm from mayo and i'd love to meet some folks out wesht,but it's still easier to meet up in dublin

So,in a nice kind of way stop whining about not being able to go.I'd rather not leave anyone out,but there isn't a way we all agree so it's to play by the numbers folks,We can try a double team on a meetup a dublin and non-dublin one but I know some of the limerick/cork folk would prefer to have it in dublin,so can we just get on with and try and get this stuff moving before colleges split up and it all goes to hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Dublin
    eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    1)It's ireland,what do you expect,the whole drink thing can really easily be avoided,it just depends on who comes,if it's only the college crowd,then yes there will be a bar involved.If we get some young'uns then it'll be bowling or something without an age requirement

2)We're people who hang out on the internet,I hate to say it but *gulp* I'm not actually a ninja in real life,so don't worry about being shy/self conscious we've all been there,internet folks are lovely[well,the ones that aren't me anyway]

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Outer space[abstain]
    Rgith,lads paul is right: people want the easiest place to go to and thanks to irish transport that's dublin.I'm not trying to sound preferential,I'm from mayo and i'd love to meet some folks out wesht,but it's still easier to meet up in dublin

So,in a nice kind of way stop whining about not being able to go.I'd rather not leave anyone out,but there isn't a way we all agree so it's to play by the numbers folks,We can try a double team on a meetup a dublin and non-dublin one but I know some of the limerick/cork folk would prefer to have it in dublin,so can we just get on with and try and get this stuff moving before colleges split up and it all goes to hell

I shall not be attending so. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

In fairness, most of the Dublin boardsies meet up during the week anyways so this is hardly anything different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Dublin doesn't smell nice at all. Neither do I but that's not the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Guess that's me out so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dublin
    If it's Dublin, I can more than likely go. :D

Dublin
    Jako8 wrote: »
    In fairness, most of the Dublin boardsies meet up during the week anyways so this is hardly anything different.
    why does that make a difference? Is it not all the more reason to go?

I can say I've made some great friends after the last one and there almost 20 active C&Hers that live/are mostly in dublin, only about 5 would meet anyway regulary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Outer space[abstain]
    Anyone outside of dublin would need some hell of a excuse to go to dublin for a day/night!!!

Who would actually tell there parents there meeting a bunch of strangers off the net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Dublin
    Guys how many times does it need to be said? There can be more than one meet-up. We've decided on a Dublin one and it's understandable that many won't be able to make that but therefore it's up to one of ye to sort out a meet-up in Cork/Limerick. If some of us Dublin people can make that aswell then great. No one's confined to any one meet-up.

So, I think there should be seperate threads for the 2 meet-ups. I'm going to make a Dublin one since that concerns me. Anyone who wants to do a Cork/Limerick meet-up should make their own thread. Then we can all meet-up with some boardsies, somewhere and it'll all be fantastically wonderfully brilliant.

Advertisement