Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Driver Theory test on mac using wine+command line

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Consider Crossover. It's a nice, pretty, GUI frontend for Wine on mac, and has worked well for me in the past. It's not free, but there is a 30 day trial, which should hopefully get you through your test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Butlerowski

Thanks SnappieT, I got Wine and Crossover working but unfortunately the CD tells me each time that it is a 'pirate or Virtual disk' (The first CD did this, so I returned it, she tested and said it was faulty and second one doesn't work either) and I can't use it, unless you or anyone else can suggest a way to bypass this irritating, overprotective software, I suppose I will just have to use it on somebody else's PC.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thanks SnappieT, I got Wine and Crossover working but unfortunately the CD tells me each time that it is a 'pirate or Virtual disk' (The first CD did this, so I returned it, she tested and said it was faulty and second one doesn't work either) and I can't use it, unless you or anyone else can suggest a way to bypass this irritating, overprotective software, I suppose I will just have to use it on somebody else's PC.

I doubt your going to get anywhere running a copy protected app by emulation, those protections need drivers and stuff to operate, which probably cant under a wine enviornment so it gets confused, is there no mac version of the theory test cd? You could download a windows 7 trial and boot camp it, think it will last 90 days, may be enough time for you to practice ?

Nick

Advertisement