Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a good A3 printer

• 24-02-2010 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi everyone
    Thinking of getting am A3 printer and was wondering if anyone here can recommend one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Whats your budget?

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?oid=63075040
    My house mate has this one and the results are incredible. Its also one of the best portable and reasonably priced A3 printers around.
    Or so says my house mate but he is one of the most annal retentive people when it comes to researching a buy so I trust him on this one lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but maybe you are thinking the same thing. I have a question to you printing Guru's. What would be the cost of a full A3 colour page (photo) to print on one of these bad boys? I'm guessing ink and A3 correct paper would not be cheap?

I think thats the sort of thing i would have to shove into my budget along with the initial outlay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

A3 print would be roughly around 3-5 euros with decent paper etc

but it does depend on the paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

My house mate worked it out at roughly 2-3 euro depending on the paper you guy. 3 Euro would be very good paper and 2 would be cheap tesco style replacement. This includes the cost of using the Vivid colours

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭VinDevo

paulusdu wrote: »
    I don't mean to hijack your thread, but maybe you are thinking the same thing. I have a question to you printing Guru's. What would be the cost of a full A3 colour page (photo) to print on one of these bad boys? I'm guessing ink and A3 correct paper would not be cheap?

I think thats the sort of thing i would have to shove into my budget along with the initial outlay.

My costings for Epson 4800 printer:

100 sheets A4: €30 + VAT = €36.30 (0.36 per sheet)
    Ink usage 1ml - 1.5ml per A4 = 0.38 - 0.60 per sheet (Epson data)

So €1 for A4, marginally more than double for A3.

Wastage is what will cost you big money - if your monitor and printer are not calibrated you end up making costly proof prints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

the cost per Ml of ink for an A3 ish printer is around 1.2 euros

epson use a 60% coverage rate when working out prices, so you need to multiply their amount of ink used by 1.4 to give a closer to accurate figure

then add around 10% for the auto cleaning and waste ink that will happen without waste prints

a decent sheet of A3+ paper will cost approx 1 - 1.5 euros - something like ilford gallerie smooth pearl or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

the Epson is quite spendy eh? Just did a quick check!!
    Apple Store
    €856

Elara
    €742

I have a Canon 9000 pro, they have a mark II version out now
    the costs would be someplace the same as mentioned above. The initial outlay is much cheaper apparently.

Canon Ireland
    €529

www.officetechnology.ie
    €503

all the above would be probably be cheaper from abroad i suspect.
    :)

Advertisement