Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Forum FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If it's VillainRom stuff you're looking for, better to go directly to http://www.villainrom.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

BigCon wrote: »
    Agree 100%. I'm back with cupcake 1.5 kimera until the official 2.1 comes out (rumoured to begin rolling out this Friday) as I can't do without MMS...

Where did you hear this rumour? HTC have said there won't be an offical release of 2.1 for the Hero til at least June.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

R28 wrote: »
    Where did you hear this rumour? HTC have said there won't be an offical release of 2.1 for the Hero til at least June.

http://www.androidcentral.com/best-buy-now-expecting-hero-rom-update-may-7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Just did the update manually, its actually pretty painless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Have been having problem all day that phone only rings once before going to voicemail, callers tell me that it rang out as normal. I know other people have had this problem, but it's only been an issue for me with villainROM 5.5, anyone else with this problem? unless there is a fix I think this may be a dealbreaker for me, it is a phone after all :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 echo59

Anybody have any problems/issues using a bluetooth headset with a 2.1 ROM? I'm using Modaco 3.2 currently and considering changing to 2.1 but have seen some bugs listed for some of the ROMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

That looks like it's for the US Hero, which is slightly different to the one available in Europe.

Although it does mean that once the developers out there get there hands on it, there may be some better Custom ROMs available, which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

echo59 wrote: »
    Anybody have any problems/issues using a bluetooth headset with a 2.1 ROM? I'm using Modaco 3.2 currently and considering changing to 2.1 but have seen some bugs listed for some of the ROMs.

I am using Villainrom. Can confirm that v5.4 and 5.5 work fine with a Bluetooth car radio. I assume there is no difference in that and a headset. It actually works much better than before I installed the ROM. When I turn off the car the music stops. It used to continue playing on the phone.
    Also when I switched the radio off, the phone used to automatically remove the option for "use for phone audio" for the paired device. This doesn't happen any more and when I turn on the ignition the phone automatically connects the audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DagdaIreland

I've not rooted my phone or done anything esle to it, but I'm sure someone here will have experience of using a non-Meteor sim in a Meteor Hero while abroad?
    I'm going to the US for a few weeks and can't afford to pay €1.69/minute roaming rates for all that time (never mind the cost of Data..). It sounds from threads on the Meteor forum that because the Hero comes unlocked, I should be able to just buy an AT&T or T-Mobile sim over there and work away with no consequence.. can it really be that simple? What about the fact their networks use CDMA (is that right?) rather than GSM/GPRS/3G? Or is that taken care of my the sim given that the Hero supports all these technologies..?
    Any experience folks..?

No experience, but I can't see why it wouldn't work as long as you get a card for a GSM network, not CDMA (Verizon, Sprint). So make sure you get an AT&T one.

On a separate note, I don't think my Apps2sd is working, I partitioned my sd card, and it should be supported on Villain 5.5, but I'm still able to open apps when I have my sd card mounted on my PC -I am guessing this means they're not on the sd card?

• Advertisement

Got MMS to work on villain 5.5 with MMSZap 2.0, on vodafone network :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Zagato wrote: »
    Got MMS to work on villain 5.5 with MMSZap 2.0, on vodafone network :D
    Good to hear! Anyone got it working on O2? I can't seem to manage it no matter what I do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

How do I increase the number of rings on the phone before it goes to voicemail?
    Key in **61*xxxxxxxxxxx*11*nn# followed by the call/send button and it should update the delay. xxxxxxxxxxx is voice mail number (e.g. 08*5*******). nn is time and can be up to 30. So if your phone number is 087 3333333 and you want a 30 second delay, then the code you enter is **61*08753333333*11*30#. When you enter this code, you'll get a message on screen saying "MMI Code Started", followed by a message that says "Call forwarding - Registration was successful".

Is there a differant way of doing this on the desire, I get the MMI code started, but then it comes with an error.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, I'm working on an update to the FAQ. Here is the updated entry for that question:

First, find out what your voicemail number is. Dial *#61# and touch Call. Jot down the phone number displayed on the screen. This is where your voicemail calls are directed to. Dial **61*(THE NUMBER YOU WROTE DOWN)**30# and press Call. Your Phone should now ring longer — that is, for the full 30-second duration of your ringtone. To verify that your voicemails are still being sent to the correct place, repeat step 1 and check that the phone number matches. If your phone number is 087 3333333 and you want a 30 second delay, then the code you enter is **61*08753333333**30#. When you enter this code, you'll get a message on screen saying 'MMI Code Started', followed by a message that says 'Call forwarding - Registration was successful'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is 30 seconds the max you can set this to? I tried to set it to 45 but it seems to go back to 20 automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

29 seconds max

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Still getting use to the phone, my god there is alot too it! :D

Just got 2 questions:

I have the widgit for turning wifi on/off and silent on/off, is there a widgit that i can toggle mobile internet on/off?

Also, whenever i recive a text, I get 2 alerts. one from messages, and another from handcent, which is the messaging program i primarly use on the phone. So, I just want 1 text alert for messaging, insted of my ringtone going twice for the one text.

Thanks guys, sorry for all the question's.

/noobing.

1. If its a HTC phone, you should have a widget called "Mobile Network" (Add a Widget, go into HTC Widgets, Settings, and "Mobile Network" should be there)

2. Turn off message notifications for SMS messages. Go into your message list, press menu, settings, and untick Notifications. Now you'll only get the handcent notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Anyone tried out SuperHero 1.0 rom yet? Its made by the Villain dev and available to any villain donators. I'm going to give it a go tonight. Here's the info on it below.

SuperHero 1.0.0 BETA is the name we went for (originally referred to as VillainLITE).

Essentially, it's a HIGHLY stripped down VillainROM, which is made up of an amalgamation of Villain and Vanilla builds. It is geared solely for absolute, 100% performance. It's **** off a shovel quick, folks.
    It's about 80% Vanilla, but I have included SOME Sense apps in the build for now. This may change at a later date.

SO, HERE'S SOME INFO:

- JIT Enabled by default, and very stable
    - The excellent ADW Launcher (Recommended settings are: [drawersettings] New Drawer - NO, Animated Drawer - NO, Fast Drawer - YES)
    (Use SpareParts to further improve the visuals)
    - Press Home on Home Screen for Sense style quick select view
    - Completely customisable home screen
    - Incredible Live Wallpaper performance
    - BootCONTROL Widget from CyanogenMod 5 (nice)
    - Vanilla Camera @ 5mp
    - Vanilla Keyboard
    - Vanilla eMail (Multiple Exchange accounts)
    - Vanilla Music
    - Vanilla & Sense Diallers (option)
    - Vanilla Sounds
    - Apps2SD
    - Friendstream App working - Widget obviously not as it's SENSE.
    - Significantly improved performance over Villain (due to JIT + Removed SENSE limitations)
    - Working Vanilla Alarm & Lockscreen
    - Gallery 3D MULTITOUCH with rotate fix
    - VERY Stable
    - All Hardware working
    - Perfect OpenGL performance for the build

It's currently in testing with donators. There will be a public release, but i can't say when as of yet. Please be patient!

I'm a donator, so I'm interested.
    From the published screenshots, its as ugly as sin though.

I might wait to see what screenshots people post before trying it.
    I like the sound of a really stripped back ROM with the bare minimum.

• Advertisement

Dingatron wrote: »
    Anyone tried out SuperHero 1.0 rom yet? Its made by the Villain dev and available to any villain donators. I'm going to give it a go tonight.

I'm using it at the moment. It's still a Beta rom, so it's far from bug free, but it is really fast. The bootscreen is very different and very very pretty too.
    I think that Nathan is going to be dedicating his development efforts on SuperHero at the minute, because he's so happy with it and the sheer speed of it.

Bugs aside, it's the best rom I've tried yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Any major bugs or just the odd fc? I'll give it a lash anyway tonight.

More like a collection of little bugs. Only got FC when I tried stuff related to Sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mr E wrote: »
    Yep, I'm working on an update to the FAQ. Here is the updated entry for that question:

First, find out what your voicemail number is. Dial *#61# and touch Call. Jot down the phone number displayed on the screen. This is where your voicemail calls are directed to. Dial **61*(THE NUMBER YOU WROTE DOWN)**30# and press Call. Your Phone should now ring longer — that is, for the full 30-second duration of your ringtone. To verify that your voicemails are still being sent to the correct place, repeat step 1 and check that the phone number matches. If your phone number is 087 3333333 and you want a 30 second delay, then the code you enter is **61*08753333333**30#. When you enter this code, you'll get a message on screen saying 'MMI Code Started', followed by a message that says 'Call forwarding - Registration was successful'.

Still doesn't work for me, is it normal for your voicemail number to have one extra number then your real number?

Do it slowly (especially when doing the * characters). If I press ** quickly, I get a 'p'. Make sure you are getting a *

And yes, there should be an extra character (on vodafone, its a '5' after 087)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭squareboy007

when i first setup my legend, i had facebooks birthdays showing on the calendar. this has now stopped.

any ideas how to bring this back

cheers

Load your calendar, press menu, select calendars and make sure it is selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭squareboy007

Mr E wrote: »
    Load your calendar, press menu, select calendars and make sure it is selected.

THe only ones listed are my calendar gmail one and pc sync. no facebook listed!

Do you have "Facebook for HTC Sense" listed in your applications?

• Advertisement

Make sure facebook is turned on, and syncing is enabled.

I don't use FB, so I'm winging it here.

In Settings, go to Social Networks, and make sure you are logged into facebook.
    In Settings, Data Synchronisation, do you get a setting for facebook here?

If logged in and set to sync, go back and check the calendar screen from my last post.

Advertisement