Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Forum FAQ

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollypocket10

totally posted in the wrong place...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

flugel wrote: »
    Finally flashed Villain 5.4, liking it so far.

Now for my next trick I gotta install market enabler & update the radio! :D

I still haven't quite worked out what the point of upgrading the radio is:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Zagato wrote: »
    I still haven't quite worked out what the point of upgrading the radio is:confused:

It can improve battery life, reception, WiFi etc, but the difference is fairly small between them all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I got a OTA update from Villain

it downloads the update and the sits on SU Request and does nothing
    i assume this is a problem with the update or somehow my phone isnt rooted?

mooman wrote: »
    It can improve battery life, reception, WiFi etc, but the difference is fairly small between them all

Thanks for that, update to the latest radio yesterday evening, all went well :)

I updated OTA last night to 5.4.1 without any problems, it just asked me if I wanted to apply it now or later, and then rebooted the phone. All very painless. I see that there is a new hotfix for live sync available today, but will wait til I get home to download it over wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Same thing happened my phone. I rooted and installed villain5.4 on 2 phones at the same time. This problem happened on one and the other one worked fine.

mine just sits on a SU Request screen with a black background

what have i dont wrong

Sitting on the SU request means it's not rooted properly, just try it again and it should work. You wont have to reinstall Villain or anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

mooman wrote: »
    Sitting on the SU request means it's not rooted properly, just try it again and it should work. You wont have to reinstall Villain or anything else

This happened to me also. It worked when I ticked Settings > Applications > Development > Enable USB debugging.

BigCon wrote: »
    This happened to me also. It worked when I ticked Settings > Applications > Development > Enable USB debugging.

Could also be true, I just went gung ho and rerooted mine:D

• Advertisement

What do ya know, i disabled USB debugging cause i didnt want the notification each time i plugged in but there we go. looks like market enabler worked this time

Running villainrom but can't get mms working for love or money. I've installed mmszap and it just doesn't want to work. Anyone else get around this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Anyone else on Villain 5.3 having problems with vibrate notifications? Doesn't work for me at all, even though it is set. It does briefly vibrate as normal when I run out of feeds in NewsRob, and when I switch vibrate only mode on.

This resolved itself - very odd.

On 5.4 now, very impressed with the OTA updating.
    Don't mind the new theme, so haven't bothered changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

BigCon wrote: »
    Running villainrom but can't get mms working for love or money. I've installed mmszap and it just doesn't want to work. Anyone else get around this issue?

http://www.villainrom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=256

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is this mms fix just for villianrom or will it work on other roms to? Im running senserom 2.1v2 i have everything the way i want it on my phone apart from fact i can only receive mms messages and not send them.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Just Installed SenseHero 2.2. Definitely the best looking and fastest 2.1 rom I have tried. I think its a lot better than VillainRom and Legendary anyway!

Give it a whirl

conzymaher wrote: »
    Just Installed SenseHero 2.2. Definitely the best looking and fastest 2.1 rom I have tried. I think its a lot better than VillainRom and Legendary anyway!

Give it a whirl

I have the version just before 2.2. What is 2.2 missing compared to 2.1 ??
    Is there still no mms settings ?

Just flashing SenseHERO 2.2 at the moment and I see that VillainROM 5.5 is out, I was just wondering if you can update to 5.5 OTA from 5.4 or do you have to flash it from SD card? The OTA updates had been working pretty well for hotfixes!

Just checked if any updates were available via the updater, nothing so far

Yeah, SenseHERO 2.2 wouldn't load for me, so reverted to 5.4, just downloading 5.5 at the mo :)

• Advertisement

5.5 via OTA?

Zagato wrote: »
    Yeah, SenseHERO 2.2 wouldn't load for me, so reverted to 5.4, just downloading 5.5 at the mo :)

5.5? I get no updates when I check for new updates via OTA?

5.5 via OTA?

No, I flashed it from the sd card; am not sold yet, it seems a bit slower than 5.4 and I preferred the 5.4 theme

Update: I'm probably being a bit harsh, there, hadn't rebooted again. It is pretty quick.

Has anyone managed to update themes via the VillainROM OTA Updater?

Has anyone managed to get MMS working yet on any of the 2.1 roms?

I've tried all the suggested fixes but have not managed to get it working yet (villianrom 5.4)?

Ive given up on the 2.1 roms there all over the place.
    If you want something stable that includes all the things u need *MMS proper camara and so on* and that does not look sub standard check this rom out

http://www.htcdevscene.info/showthread.php?1-[ROM]-[10-03-10]-SenseHERO-1-6-Beauty-Speed-Stable-[*UPDATE*]

Thats what im using now and i will not go back to anything 2.1 until theres a fully working version out.
    I mean i dont see point owning a phone with a fancy rom installed that has special wallpapers and other gimmick crap if it cant even send something simple like picture messages.

I have MMS working on VillainROM thanks to MMSZap
    you do have to be careful, i found that market enabler breaks MMS's when its pretending to be another market type

Ive still no offer of OTA for 5.5, does such thing exist or do i have to do a update at a pc

Ive given up on the 2.1 roms there all over the place.
    If you want something stable that includes all the things u need *MMS proper camara and so on* and that does not look sub standard check this rom out

http://www.htcdevscene.info/showthread.php?1-[ROM]-[10-03-10]-SenseHERO-1-6-Beauty-Speed-Stable-[*UPDATE*]

Thats what im using now and i will not go back to anything 2.1 until theres a fully working version out.
    I mean i dont see point owning a phone with a fancy rom installed that has special wallpapers and other gimmick crap if it cant even send something simple like picture messages.

Agree 100%. I'm back with cupcake 1.5 kimera until the official 2.1 comes out (rumoured to begin rolling out this Friday) as I can't do without MMS...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Ive still no offer of OTA for 5.5, does such thing exist or do i have to do a update at a pc

I had to manually install v4 of the OTA updater to get 5.5. There was a link on the villainrom forum for this.

interesting. will have a look for it, find that XDA forum too big to find stuff half the time

• Advertisement

manually installed V4 of the updater, still no update options.

Advertisement