Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 2630 firmware upgrade

• 24-02-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi,
    Although I have the USB cable, the Nokia Software Updater does not support this model :-(
    This site a2phone.com seems to have all the latest firmwares but am unsure of downloading the updates here.

I got the model from Vodafone. Will they upgrade the firmware if I bring it in? Any idea of the cost? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The port on the 2630 is not for consumers to use. Its only for nokia service agents. If you bring it to a nokia service centre near you, they should update the firmware for you. Vodafone wont do this, they could only send it away which will take a lot longer

You will find the nokia care points on this link: http://www.nokia.ie/store-locator

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭justforgroups

Thanks for the link.

I went to 3 of the shops listed - the sales guys did not have a clue what I was talking about. I said 'firmware' and all I got was a blank stare :mad:

So is there anywhere in the Dublin region that anyone has actually used to update their phone firmware? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What part of dublin best suits you? Their is MPRC in sandyfold. They actually fix most nokias for the phone companies, they can also update firmware. Check their website if you want more info, or ask here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why do you need to upgrade the firmware on a 2630? Back up your data and do a master reset and that might fix it up a little if your having problems.

Why do you need to upgrade the firmware on a 2630? Back up your data and do a master reset and that might fix it up a little if your having problems.
    Hiya. I actually want to try & get rid of the stupid "vlive" option on the front screen (comes with vodafone). I pressed the bloody thing by mistake and it connected to the net - used up a tonne of credit b4 I noticed it. Couldn't find anything in the settings to disable it or the connections behind it - funnily enough!! :mad:

I filtered on the stores and I saw a more specific "repair" option so will try those. Will let you know what happens, if anyone interested..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hiya. I actually want to try & get rid of the stupid "vlive" option on the front screen (comes with vodafone). I pressed the bloody thing by mistake and it connected to the net - used up a tonne of credit b4 I noticed it. Couldn't find anything in the settings to disable it or the connections behind it - funnily enough!! :mad:

I filtered on the stores and I saw a more specific "repair" option so will try those. Will let you know what happens, if anyone interested..

You should be able to change that in the setting, go have another look, I think it's in the display settings, if you can't find it you can always go into the internet settings and delete them then it can't connect to the internet, a firmware update won't get rid of the button unless you debrand it which probably isn't worth it.

You should be able to change that in the setting, go have another look, I think it's in the display settings, if you can't find it you can always go into the internet settings and delete them then it can't connect to the internet, a firmware update won't get rid of the button unless you debrand it which probably isn't worth it.
    I really went thru' the settings with a fine tooth comb. I can get to the connection definition, but you can't get "behind" the connection to the settings themselves. You also can't delete the connection nor add a new one. I'm hoping the upgrade will somehow give me access to these so I can disable it.

Advertisement