Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5800 Xpress..

• 24-02-2010 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I have version 30 and it seems there`s a version 40, now I cant get even I think its version 34. Its keeps telling me I`ve the latest version, any idea`s as to how I get version 40?
    Has anyone else gotten it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their is a big thread on the 5800 here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055390696

And it has covered this problem a few times. You can also find help in my sig below my post. The two product codes in This Post are confirmed with giving V40.0.005.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Isaacunt

Thanks man, sorry I could`nt find the proper thread, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is there any risks in doing this?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Isaacunt wrote: »
    Thanks man, sorry I could`nt find the proper thread, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is there any risks in doing this?
    Just backup all your contacts and anything else before you do the upgrade. It shouldn't delete anything but better to be safe.

Any chances of me wrecking my phone while I`m changing the product code, or upgrading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

Just backup all your contacts and anything else before you do the upgrade. It shouldn't delete anything but better to be safe.

how do you back up the 5800? what exactly needs to be backed up
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

You need to download Nokia PC Suite. This will then allow you to backup contacts and whatever else you wish.

Check out the thread Davy mentioned for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Of all the phones I`ve had I never brought one back to a shop, so feck the warranty, if that`s the only risk I`ll take it, anything to improve the fireware, I`m sick of V30 and that I can never seem to update it...

Cool I`ll give it a go and let you`s know how I get on. :confused:

• Advertisement

I was updating the drivers for NSS and I keep getting this...
    Do I need to update NSS or can I just continue without it?

Do I need to format/reset my phone?

I got the update, so matter is closed. :)

Advertisement