Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lowest paid premiership player??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Keith Fahey 5k a week

Jay O Shea 3k a week.

Fahey was on 3k last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Reports are that McShame was booed by sections of the Galway United crowd in a friendly against Hull last Friday night.

Now if these fans are booing you that is a statement in itself. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I remember someone scoring for Gíjon or someone like that against Barca and the comment being made that Henry made in a week 1 and a half times what he made in a year.

Mhmm, that was the opening day of the season of 2008/ 2009. Numancia beat them 1-0 on the opening day of the season with a goal from Mario Martínez. He made less in a year than Henry made in a week or so. Amazing stat really.

There was also a time when Levante couldn't afford to pay their players, so for a huge portion of the season they were playing for free, and they didn't get much sympathy from people because we all think football players are minted. But I remember one player having to sell his car, and another player who sent his wife and kids to his parents house while he stayed with a fellow team mate during the season as he had no money for rent and whatnot. Crazy crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

There is NO WAY in hell John O'Shea is on 3k a week.

I'd say he is on closer to 20,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭deisedude

noodler wrote: »

JAY O'Shea previously of Galway united not the Manchester United player. Anyway John O'Shea is probably on at least 50 grand not 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

He said Jay O'Shea at Birmingham not John at Utd.
    I'll assume you were being serious. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He said Jay O'Shea at Birmingham not John at Utd.
    I'll assume you were being serious. ;)

I am afraid I was.

Thought it was some kind of petname.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

35,000 AFAIK. How bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Did anyone read the James Milner interview in the Sunday Times? Apparently he was on £80 a week when he became the youngest player to score in the Premier League. That was only 2002.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Did anyone read the James Milner interview in the Sunday Times? Apparently he was on £80 a week when he became the youngest player to score in the Premier League. That was only 2002.

So was Wayne Rooney when he scored against Arsenal he was a youth player..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Yeah - Leeds were fairly rigid with their wage structure back in 2002. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Yeah - Leeds were fairly rigid with their wage structure back in 2002. :)

He probably asked for £40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

flahavaj wrote: »
    35,000 AFAIK. How bad.

I think that was actually bumped in his last contract.

Was on between 1.5k and 3K the first couple of seasons over there I think. Then when he made his breakthrough it was 13K. Then the 35K one and I've a feeling he's gotten another bump since then. Even if not, like you say, how bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Osu wrote: »
    I remember reading in the Daily Mail paper during January that Owen earns around £120K a-week excluding bonuses. But then again that's the daily mail.

Owen is on nothing like that. He accepted a fairly hefty drop to go to United (from 100K per wk at Newcastle). He gets a basic of around 40K afaik and the rest is based on bonuses for goals/appearances etc. He could afford a bit of a drop at this stage though, as he was on big money at NUFC and big money at Real Madrid also, so not short of a few quid at this stage.

astrofool wrote: »
    He probably asked for £40.

Viduka and his agent went into a meeting with Peter Ridsdale ready to ask for 12K per week, when he first signed for Leeds. Would have been decent enough money at the time for a player who wasn't a big name. Before he even got a chance to ask for anything there was a contract for 40K per wk on the table. I imagine he signed it in a bloody hurry. But that's the way Leeds were doing business back then, throwing money around like confetti. Imagine handing a player a contract for 2M per year when he only wanted 600K.

Advertisement