Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet travel to Australia

Options
  • 24-02-2010 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering has anyone brought their dogs over from Ireland to Australia? Im considering bringing my fella over as Im hoping to stay here. Im just wondering did people organise everything themselves or did they use a pet export company and if so which ones? Im findng the internet a bit unless for the information I need.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Have you done any research at all? I mean first place I would look would have been the Australian Dept of Agriculture. Minimum 30 days in Australian Quarantine. All the info is there in the pdf.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/countries/cat2?name=Ireland,%20Republic%20of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Try the BE site www.britishexpats.com loads of those guys have brought animals. Its a pricey option personnally if your dog is in a good situation in Ireland I would leave it there and adopt a dog here.

I know its hard but there is no shortgage of animals here that need a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

I had seen the 30 days in Quarantine info, I should have been clearer was looking for more info on flights, things that need to be done before hand and organsing the arrival.

I would hope to adopt a dog here as well, as I have been doing a bit of work with a dogs home here in Australia, but even though my dog lives with my mum at the moment he is my dog and that isnt a long term option, also I miss him to much to leave him behind!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Ok a figure of the top of my head from when we where looking into it for a cat was about eur 3000. Flights and boarding for the month.

What type of Dog is it? Some breeds are banned in Australia or the state you may be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

Expected it to be about that from what I can find it seems the quarantine will be about 1350 aussie dollars for the momth not including any vet treatment which hopefully he wont need.

My dog is a cocker spaniel, so no worries with restrictions. thanks for pointing it out, it must be heartbreaking for those with restricted breeds to have to leave them behind!

• Advertisement
Advertisement