Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In the play-pen: Jumpguy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

do you play any instruments?
    do you like GAA sports?
    what's your opinion on the whole cheryl-ashley saga?

daddy or chips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

kateos2 wrote: »
    If you could have one wish, and one wish only, no wishing for more wishes, what would you wish for?

wow I said wish a lot there...
    Tough one....that I could fulfil my every potential would be a good one.
    do you play any instruments?
    do you like GAA sports?
    what's your opinion on the whole cheryl-ashley saga?

daddy or chips?
    No, but I'm damn good singer if I may say. :pac:

Like Gaelic Football, not a huge fan but I'd follow it abit.

Who? Nah I'm only messing, I'm not that out of touch. It's another celebrity break up, lulz shouldn't have got married, being famous isn't all it's craiced up to be, bla bla bla etc.

Daddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

You would have nothing to say? So what you are on boards is not what you're really like in real life?

You would have nothing to say? So what you are on boards is not what you're really like in real life?
    Well, boards is abit different to meeting someone face-to-face, as in, I can't just say whatever random pointless **** I'm thinking and let a conversation flow on from that. What I say atleast has to be relevant...I can't come up to you and say "Hey soccy! OMG I LUUUUUUV WAKEBOARDING!"

What I'm really trying to say is I'd be abit shyer IRL than on boards! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

jumpguy wrote: »
    Well, boards is abit different to meeting someone face-to-face, as in, I can't just say whatever random pointless **** I'm thinking and let a conversation flow on from that. What I say atleast has to be relevant...I can't come up to you and say "Hey soccy! OMG I LUUUUUUV WAKEBOARDING!"

It happens. When I first met bythewoods she had to pull conversation out of me. The Monday after I ended up sitting next to Fad and couldn't think of anything to say for 10 minutes.

Anyway.

Simpsons or Futurama?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Craguls wrote: »
    The Monday after I ended up sitting next to Fad and couldn't think of anything to say for 10 minutes.

It's hardly your fault you were in awe.

actually you could :pac: i wouldn't care!
    I'm peculiar enough. Isn't like that will freak me out :D
    if only this whole c&h meetup could work out!

When did you discover you wanted to do med?

It happens. When I first met bythewoods she had to pull conversation out of me. The Monday after I ended up sitting next to Fad and couldn't think of anything to say for 10 minutes.

Anyway.

Simpsons or Futurama?
    That's what I'm saying. And then you feel embarrassed because the person you're meeting is gonna think you're a complete dry-balls. :( But sure, if I was gonna let that get in the way I'd never meet anyone here! :P

Futurama, the Simpsons died along time ago, Futurama quit while it was ahead (and is now starting again, or so I hear).
    Fad wrote: »
    It's hardly your fault you were in awe.
    Hahaha, post of the day. :D
    actually you could :pac: i wouldn't care!
    I'm peculiar enough. Isn't like that will freak me out :D
    if only this whole c&h meetup could work out!

When did you discover you wanted to do med?
    I'd say tbh, it'll only ever work-out if it was in Dublin, in fairness, the majority of members over 18 are there, and they don't usually need mammy and daddy's permission. Depending on what city I go to university in, I'd definetly be able to make a meet-up in that city.

Last summer was the most boring summer I've had in a good, long time. I had plenty of time to think, we shall say. And when the present is ****, all one can think about is the future. And I was like "well, unemployment definetly isn't for me anyway, if this is it, I want to do something really fulfilling and exciting..." and so after alot of thinking and self-exploration to use a fancy word, I said I'd go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Cause I'm black and have a cane.

Ja, ich lerne es in die Schule.

Das freut mich!

What is your opinion of Dilly o Wee? Willy O Dea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Would you prefer to be a Jedi or a Ninja?

Das freut mich!

What is your opinion of Dilly o Wee? Willy O Dea?
    Another tired old aged politician. He had a savage tache though, in fairness to him. Good to see resignations over scandals in politics...unlike a certain Mr. Ahern and his "gifts" of ambiguity.
    M&S* wrote: »
    Would you prefer to be a Jedi or a Ninja?
    Jedi! Light sabers, and the force?! Jedi wins hands-down.

Another tired old aged politician. He had a savage tache though, in fairness to him. Good to see resignations over scandals in politics...unlike a certain Mr. Ahern and his "gifts" of ambiguity.

Yes, he was given some ambiguity!

Yes, he was given some ambiguity!
    Ambiguity is meant as in to state the nature of the gifts, I decided make it more savage by saying "gifts of ambiguity" rather than "ambiguous gifts".

In hindsight, it wasn't a good decision. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Any secret loves? Musicals or something?

Something that's secret!:D

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Copied and pasted, hence the links and bullet points (gotta love vBulletin).
    Any secret loves? Musicals or something?

Something that's secret!:D
    Hmmm....feckit that's something that I'd need thinking about. Music wise I love Rihanna, but that isn't embarrassing...erm. I like poetry, wouldn't say I love it though, I like maths and science, don't really keep that a big secret though (but don't exactly go showing my friends my maths skills either :P)...Ahh, I have one! I love singing! Except I'd be singing away in my friends. Yerra, it's good enough for now, I'll come back to you when I have a more solid answer. :pac:

God I can ramble...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Prison - do you enjoy laughing at all the pathetic requests to do undo bans?

Hmmm....feckit that's something that I'd need thinking about. Music wise I love Rihanna, but that isn't embarrassing...erm. I like poetry, wouldn't say I love it though, I like maths and science, don't really keep that a big secret though (but don't exactly go showing my friends my maths skills either :P)...Ahh, I have one! I love singing! Except I'd be singing away in my friends. Yerra, it's good enough for now, I'll come back to you when I have a more solid answer. :pac:

God I can ramble...
    I demand a recording of you singing Rihanna! Pleaseee :p

Hotaru wrote: »
    Prison - do you enjoy laughing at all the pathetic requests to do undo bans?
    Why else would it be in my subbed list? :D
    I demand a recording of you singing Rihanna! Pleaseee :p
    <_< Keep this between me and you. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

:eek:
    Why is gaa on your subbed list? :confused:
    Will you please post in the OTT there, other non gaa boardsies have previously posted there inclusding D4RK ONION and brummytom..
    Please will you post there? They like it when we bring in people :)

• Advertisement

<_< Keep this between me and you. :pac:
    It's like baby dolphins dancing & singing in the ocean that is my ears!:o

deise_girl wrote: »
    :eek:
    Why is gaa on your subbed list? :confused:
    Will you please post in the OTT there, other non gaa boardsies have previously posted there inclusding D4RK ONION and brummytom..
    Please will you post there? They like it when we bring in people :)
    It's there for the post-match discussion, but I'd usually only take part in that if I watched the match, and that'd usually only be in the all-Ireland league or a local one, which would hardly be talked in the forum! :P

I've posted there before...and will do again when Limerick do something...

It's there for the post-match discussion, but I'd usually only take part in that if I watched the match, and that'd usually only be in the all-Ireland league or a local one, which would hardly be talked in the forum! :P

I've posted there before...and will do again when Limerick do something...
    Will you post in the off topic thread though? Its off topic, no gaa knowledge needed!!
    And Limerick do something, g'way outta that yee're in the papers more than any other team because of yee're lack of players.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

When did you know that you wanted to do medicine? Are you 100% positive about it?
    If not...what would be your second choice if you didn't get it?

For research purposes...:p

oh yeah, and what's your favourite soft drink? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

What did you do before you found boards? Is it a dark and distant memory at this stage?

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    When did you know that you wanted to do medicine? Are you 100% positive about it?
    If not...what would be your second choice if you didn't get it?

For research purposes...:p

oh yeah, and what's your favourite soft drink? :D
    As I said, around summer last year was kinda the first key point, when I seriously thought about the future and my options... Am I 100% positive? Of course not! Who goes into a course knowing 100% this is what they'll love? Besides, I haven't got any work experience or anything yet. By the time the CAO rolls around, I'll hopefully have a decent enough insight.

The 2nd choice is actually a hard one, I have so many options. Was loving at Biomedical Science in UCC, or the Science course in Trinity, to name a few.
    What did you do before you found boards? Is it a dark and distant memory at this stage?
    I had a loving and beautiful girlfriend, lots of great friends...:(

The 2nd choice is actually a hard one, I have so many options. Was loving at Biomedical Science in UCC, or the Science course in Trinity, to name a few.

Why is not Biomedical Science in UCD not your 2nd choice? Eh, eh?

Chrome, Mozilla or Explorer?

Train or bus?

Worst way to die?

Why is not Biomedical Science in UCD not your 2nd choice? Eh, eh?

Chrome, Mozilla or Explorer?

Train or bus?

Worst way to die?
    I might end up doing medicine there. :P I'd be delighted to get it anywhere! BTW, where's this biomedical science degree in UCD you speak of? Can't find it on Qualifax...

Mozilla ftw.

I love trains...that sense of excitement as you start the journey...the drama of it all inspired by Hollywood...the countryside whizzing by...

Falling into a giant container of a very strong acid and burning/drowning to death. Think water filling your lungs is bad, acid must be fairly ****ty.
    I actually found out that way of dying, after I read a BBC article where in Mexico drug dealers paid people to dissolve their victims' bodies in sodium hydroxide to rid of evidence (and the body). They called them the "stew-maker" or something. Fairly ****ed up. :-/

Why are you up so late when i remember correctly that you swore on your life, your boards account and your pet that you'd get a healthy sleep each night?!!!!

I'd recommend Hotaru's course as well as a med back up for reasons I'd best explain by pm

• Advertisement

Why are you up so late when i remember correctly that you swore on your life, your boards account and your pet that you'd get a healthy sleep each night?!!!!
    Because hes in the middle of a very important conversation right now...
    :P

I might end up doing medicine there. :P I'd be delighted to get it anywhere! BTW, where's this biomedical science degree in UCD you speak of? Can't find it on Qualifax...

Qualifax: http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=67

List of modules: https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/w_sm_web_inf_viewer_banner.show_major?p_term_code=200900&p_cao_code=DN037&p_major_code=BHS1

You can see from the module list that we share alot of classes with various Medicine years, aswell as with physiotherapy, radiography and science students.

EDIT: The Qualifax link didn't really work - type in DN037 for course code and it shows up though.

Dude...this is early for me! I meant I'll get 8 hours sleep, which is grand for me. I usually get 7 though. I get up at about 8:30 most mornings.
    I'd recommend Hotaru's course as well as a med back up for reasons I'd best explain by pm
    My inbox is wide open Craguls, all help and advice you can give appreciated man. :)

EDIT: Hotaru, Qualifax don't allow direct links to searchs? What's it title there?

Falling into a giant container of a very strong acid and burning/drowning to death. Think water filling your lungs is bad, acid must be fairly ****ty.
    I actually found out that way of dying, after I read a BBC article where in Mexico drug dealers paid people to dissolve their victims' bodies in sodium hydroxide to rid of evidence (and the body). They called them the "stew-maker" or something. Fairly ****ed up. :-/

I'd say between the fumes and strength of the acid, it really wouldnt take that long to die.......</morbid>

Hydroflouric Acid wouldnt be fun, the burn isnt initially painful, and its REALLY penetrative, so it goes straight through your skin and leeches calcium from your bones leading to a painful unstoppable death >_<

Because hes in the middle of a very important conversation right now...

i find it sickening that you have a relationship with both jumpguy and brummy at the same time...

And jumpdude, do you find it insulting that ginga spelt your name with a capital J? Because if someone did that with soccy.....

Dude...this is early for me! I meant I'll get 8 hours sleep, which is grand for me. I usually get 7 though. I get up at about 8:30 most mornings.

My inbox is wide open Craguls, all help and advice you can give appreciated man. :)

EDIT: Hotaru, Qualifax don't allow direct links to searchs? What's it title there?

Course code is DN037, that's how I found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

What song instantly cheers you up?

i find it sickening that you have a relationship with both jumpguy and brummy at the same time...

And jumpdude, do you find it insulting that ginga spelt your name with a capital J? Because if someone did that with soccy.....
    Why, you jealous? :confused:

Why, you jealous? :confused:

i'll should have added a :pac: at the end of my last post!!!

• Advertisement

i'll should have added a :pac: at the end of my last post!!!
    I knew you were messing!! We're deisemonster, of course i'd know these things!

*Wow what a ghey post!! :pac:

I'd say between the fumes and strength of the acid, it really wouldnt take that long to die.......</morbid>

Hydroflouric Acid wouldnt be fun, the burn isnt initially painful, and its REALLY penetrative, so it goes straight through your skin and leeches calcium from your bones leading to a painful unstoppable death >_<
    Ohh that'd be a worse way to die. I think acid is definetly a bad way to go...

OMG Rumours! :pac:

It actually irked me a tiny tad, but I'm way too thankful he started it for me than to care. :)
    Course code is DN037, that's how I found it.
    Thanks alot! Looking at modules and the Qualifax page...it looks great...the career opportunities on Qualifax is abit vague (that always annoys me). Only 35 average intake?! Why so little?! It looks like a brilliant course! TBH, looking at it...it's definetly the best 2nd choice candidate I've seen so far.
    What song instantly cheers you up?
    Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel :D

Thanks alot! Looking at modules and the Qualifax page...it looks great...the career opportunities on Qualifax is abit vague (that always annoys me). Only 35 average intake?! Why so little?! It looks like a brilliant course! TBH, looking at it...it's definetly the best 2nd choice candidate I've seen so far.

I don't know why they take in so little really. All our lectures are with other students though, shiny health sciences building FTW :D Alot of my class have failed modules and it IS a tough course (same as Med really) but, same as any course, if you put in the work you should be ok.

I also know that a girl in my class is currently negotiating a move into pre-med next year so it's not impossible, but you need to do very well in the exams.

What woul you consider to be your greatest achievement to date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Ok

favourate sad movie
    best memory of being a child
    chocolate milkshake or strawberry

If you could do any sorta fundraising for a charity, how would you do it? (looking for assistance as well as asking you a question :P)

Biggest waste of time and/or money in your opinion?

• Advertisement

I don't know why they take in so little really. All our lectures are with other students though, shiny health sciences building FTW :D Alot of my class have failed modules and it IS a tough course (same as Med really) but, same as any course, if you put in the work you should be ok.

I also know that a girl in my class is currently negotiating a move into pre-med next year so it's not impossible, but you need to do very well in the exams.

What woul you consider to be your greatest achievement to date?
    Hmm, that's tough...I've a lot of small big achievements, but I'd like to be thinking the best is yet to come. I dunno, I couldn't just say one single greatest achievement tbh. Not yet anyway.
    Ok

favourate sad movie
    best memory of being a child
    chocolate milkshake or strawberry
    I Am Legend
    Being a child
    Strawberry
    If you could do any sorta fundraising for a charity, how would you do it? (looking for assistance as well as asking you a question :P)
    I'd dress in layers, and charge 50 Euro for me to take off any garment of clothing.
    Biggest waste of time and/or money in your opinion?
    Boy racers, and their general existance, but I guess that's kinda perceptive...
    Bottled water is hilarious as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Would you ever try cross dressing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

how did you find boards?
    what do you think is your greatest achievement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Do you like your nickname "Geansaí"?

I don't, and so I'm going to start calling you lame. (jump->léim->lame)

Don't you much prefer this?

Would you ever try cross dressing?
    No, I wouldn't just say "yerra, women's clothes, I'll give them a shot!" The G string is like the worse wedgie ever...:(
    how did you find boards?
    what do you think is your greatest achievement?
    Think I got to it through Google, I can't really remember but I think it was something to do with the JC.

Already answered! :)
    Do you like your nickname "Geansaí"?

I don't, and so I'm going to start calling you lame. (jump->léim->lame)

Don't you much prefer this?
    Yes.

Hmm, I think I'll start calling you a pleb (Your stupidity -> you -> pleb) :P

I love it, if I can call you a pleb.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement