Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Details on a Telecaster...

• 24-02-2010 9:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I inadvertently broke the charter rules in my last post (sorry about that, Feylya!), so I've edited my post and am trying not to fail again :)

I'm looking for details on my Tele - I was given it as a gift a number of years back, but don't know any of the specifics. All I can say is that it's Japanese (serial is J00xxxx, i.e. J with 6-digits) and I believe it was manufactured in 1989 or 1990. I *think* the pickups are Seymour-Duncans.

My deductions above are all based on what I can find online, so that's why I'm posting here :)

Oh, and the body's black and I think the neck is ash, but that's a total guess! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You could try putting the serial into this :
    http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx
    to see what it'll tell you, and then take that information and look for reviews on Harmony Central of tele's from the same time period, country of manufacture and factory to get an idea of what it's probably made of, what electronics are in there and whether or not it ever belonged to Waylon Jennings.

Or, cut the neck in half and count the rings to see how old it is. That's gotta work.... right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Thanks Banjo, that's really helpful! I've already confirmed (via the link) that it was indeed manufactured in 1989-1990 in the Fuji-Gen plant in Japan. Now it's off to Harmony Central, etc.!

No sign of it being owned by Waylan Jennings; but strangely enough it did belong to Don Conroy for a number of years. After cracking the neck off the body, I noticed a terrifying drawing of an owl, which would explain a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

really? Conroy always struck me as a Les Paul player.

Advertisement