Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bolton Match

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Palacios and Corluka have a bug that is going around the squad at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

ruiseal wrote: »
    Live on Setanta?
    Yep setanta, the free one! didnt see it advertised anywhere, just flicked through and there it was! Was due to do some study but that didnt happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

great stuff tonight at the lane. pav has jumped way ahead of crouch in my opinion now, he is so mobile and very intelligent. crouch would have missed both those chances that pav but away

hudd was superb tonite as was bassong. looks like we could be over our little blip, just in time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

watched in on setanta Ire, handy. Only thing is I cant watch any of the studio stuff as Dolan is the panel and he makes my ears bleed listening to him.

Anyway, on the game. Good win against a very poor Bolton.
    On the more critical side -
    Bale didnt stand up to the questions about his defensive frailties on a few occasions.
    BAE - Defo not an option at right full on last nights display. Too left footed and every time he got the ball he cut inside and passed the ball cross the pitch.

Overall I thought we were sloppy with our passing too often, indeed letting them in a few times due to it. We will be killed on sun if we do this against everton.

Positives - The win
    Gomez - yet again a rock, some save from the header.
    Bale - going forward.
    Pav - super game, great movement, good finishing. deserves to keep his place.

Sure theres loads I missed.

Last point I wish the crowd would stop telling Wilson to shoot when he gets within 30 yards of goal - he actually does shoot but couldnt hit an airplane hanger from 10 yards - hopefully he'll score a screamer on sun now after me saying that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

guys. this is the way to look at it

scored 7 in last two games, conceded 0

in 4th place and quarter final of fa cup.

the season is seriously on track

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    guys. this is the way to look at it

scored 7 in last two games, conceded 0

in 4th place and quarter final of fa cup.

the season is seriously on track

Agree with the above from an overall perspective we are doing very well.

I will also say though part of the joy of football as a supporter is debating the good, the bad and the ugly. There are positives and negatives to come from every game and the development/recognition of these by the mgmnt is part of what allows the team to improve week in/week out. Despite scoring 4 last night and conceeding 0 there are things we could have done better. But you can only beat whos in front of you. For me this season we havent learned enough from our shortcomings. Stoke Wolves Hull Wolves being my example. If at the end of the season we have an fa cup and a 4th place I will still believe this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

In other news Adebayor and Viera will both be suspended for the game at the city of manchester stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Yep setanta, the free one! didnt see it advertised anywhere, just flicked through and there it was! Was due to do some study but that didnt happen!

And there I was, subscribed to all the sports channels, watching Channel 405 Sky Sports News for updates!:mad:

(Setanta never advertised it, did they?):confused:

Mullo76 wrote: »

Last point I wish the crowd would stop telling Wilson to shoot when he gets within 30 yards of goal - he actually does shoot but couldnt hit an airplane hanger from 10 yards - hopefully he'll score a screamer on sun now after me saying that:D

Even Hangar No.6?:D

In other news Adebayor and Viera will both be suspended for the game at the city of manchester stadium

Does that game clash with the Cup 1/4 final against Fulham?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

:D

:D:D

well maybe appar thats extra wide, I'll ask the ryanair cabin crew selling smokeless cigarettes what they think about it on sun.

Advertisement