Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some qs on using phone as a modem and charges and ph sim/broadband sim same number

• 24-02-2010 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

is it possible to get a payg top up and connect to the internet by using the mobile ph as a modem to connect to a pc.

if so would you charged by mobile internet rates or mobile broadband rates

in other words is it cheaper to connect to the internet by mobile broadband modem than by phone as modem

other qs

do any networks offer free sim cards for new connections?

can you get payg phone and payg broadband on the same sim account i.e two sim cards that are the same number with 1 working on the modem and 1 on the ph?

if so can the data plan for mobile broadband be added to the ph sim account?

i hope ive explained that properly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

estreetb wrote: »
    is it possible to get a payg top up and connect to the internet by using the mobile ph as a modem to connect to a pc.

if so would you charged by mobile internet rates or mobile broadband rates

in other words is it cheaper to connect to the internet by mobile broadband modem than by phone as modem

another qs

do any networks offer free sim cards for new connections?

If I did what you suggest with Meteor, I would be charged 1 Euro per day that I decide to use it, so if you only use it 20 days in a month it could be as cheap as having the USB broadband with Meteor. But if you use it every day there's no point. Plus it's possible your quality won't be as good and you'll have to keep the phone plugged in or your battery will run down fast. So basically I think there's no good case for it. Just pay your 20 a month and be done.

I think the sim card might be free with Meteor and then obviously you pay for any credit you put on it.

Advertisement