Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The week ahead ( Snow predictions & general outlook)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Yep my house is positioned perfect if it comes to pass.Could i get a wonderful surprise in the morn???.watching radar closely for next few hours,dewpoints look ok according to NAE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hopefully.

Sleet turning to wet snow, currently +0.9c with +0.5c dewpoints.

Ah looks fairly crap,here waiting for irish girls to bobsleigh in olympics

Well done girls 20th place:D

• Advertisement

0.7c/0.3c now with ice pellets.

Down to 0.2c/-0.1c and have had heavy snow for the last half hour or so. Around 1cm covering all surfaces. Good call WC!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

GFS 06z is pushing the snow risk for Friday night up north :mad:

h850t850eu.png

prectypeuktopo.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Still -5 uppers over most of the island , and as for the netweather snow charts you would be better off looking at your lamppost .

I don't know how or why but they seem to be terribely unreliable !

Any way I will look forward to snow addicts take on things when he is on

Still -5 uppers over most of the island , and as for the netweather snow charts you would be better off looking at your lamppost .

I wish to take this opportunity to apologise for yesterday's negativity

I have bought another 4 tickets for the rollercoaster ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

redsunset wrote: »
    Well done girls 20th place:D
    they finished 17th, ahead of australia.

When are we goin to get the sun and the heat :confused:

Ah you don't want that boring sunny weather at all sure ! :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

When are we goin to get the sun and the heat :confused:

Have you ever experienced 'sun and heat' during February in Ireland, or in the summer for that matter?

Looking like -8 uppers tomorrow night !

Now the question is will everything else fall into place ?

Can anyone advise when the 12z COAMPS update comes out ?

coamps-1-48.png?25-04

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Vudgie wrote: »
    Have you ever experienced 'sun and heat' during February in Ireland, or in the summer for that matter?

Yes, but I remember it earlier and in January one year where it got to 16C and it was just lovely.
    That was in the past 10 years.

Also March days that got over 20C.....oh that would be heaven....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well it looks like there will be plenty of precip about :

106154.png

Now here is the question , if we have -8 uppers and lots of precip knocking about , what can wrong wrong to stop this from transpiring ?

what can wrong wrong to stop this from transpiring ?

The fact that we are in Ireland probably :rolleyes:

I suppose an answer to my own question is dew points MAY be an issue :confused:

106155.png

Then again with the way the models have been behaving lately this is subject to change .

Quick question is the front that we are expecting, the one that is currently coming along the south east /south coast of the UK ?

I suppose an answer to my own question is dew points MAY be an issue :confused:

106155.png

Then again with the way the models have been behaving lately this is subject to change .

There had to be something but, yes, its likely to be different, will be interested to see the 12z when it comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

God the met.ie forecast is a joke, A might happen, but B might also, C has a chance, but remember it could be D!, ffs sit on the fence why dont ye, they remind me of racecard tips on official racecards no 1 "every chance" no 4 "could do well" no 8" a great finisher" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

im in donegal on friday/ saturday . . .and if this comes to pass probably for another few days after!!!

One comment i will make is that this winter, it has snowed twice here, once considerably and a tiny bit last night. Both times it was only forecasted by WC a few hours before and met eireann never mentioned it. The snow forecasts several days in advance never seem to happen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

http://www.nadics.org.uk/views/delay/E_Au_4.jpg?ts=100225140520

High ground and inland Scotland is getting a pasting. There is another foot of snow expected up there today. Will we get the tail end of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinor

From http://ski.visitscotland.com/conditions/nevis/
    Gondola open but ski lifts closed due to weather conditions. It is snowing heavily to the carpark where there is more than 8" of snow. There has been significant overnight snowfall with up to 5ft in the drifts. The piste machines are out working.

We expect to have amazing skiing when the weather conditions improve. Back Corrie and Braveheart will be assessed daily. Terrain Park on the Summit will need to be dug out. Features include rookie rails, rainbow rail, double c rail, tyre, kickers, spine and rollers.
    Sledging areas available near the top station.

5ft drifts!!:eek:

http://www.nadics.org.uk/views/delay/E_Au_4.jpg?ts=100225140520

High ground and inland Scotland is getting a pasting. There is another foot of snow expected up there today. Will we get the tail end of it??

I have a sneakey feeling that just might track back and hit the west coast ;)

Looking at the pr rain today radar its most defiantly heading that direction in a few hours.

Actually looking at it against one of the models it seems to fizzle out , sorry

tinners wrote: »
    There had to be something but, yes, its likely to be different, will be interested to see the 12z when it comes out

12Z GFS DP

106175.png

Looks a bit better than the 06Z

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I have a sneakey feeling that just might track back and hit the west coast ;)

Looking at the pr rain today radar its most defiantly heading that direction in a few hours.

It better not track west, i'm heading east to look for some snow. Any predictions WC?

It better not track west, i'm heading east to look for some snow. Any predictions WC?

Looked at it against one of the models and it seems to fizzle out :mad:

Sorry

12z GFS:

What do the people who know more than me think of these ?

gfs-1-36.png?12

gfs-2-36.png?12

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

rain and sleet for the southern half of the country, sleet and snow for the rest of the country

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

prectypeuktopo.png

this one looks good i think not great on these charts lol

Advertisement