Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The week ahead ( Snow predictions & general outlook)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Not wrote: »
    Dont worry, you didnt miss anything worth seeing. No sign of a snowflake anywhere near Naas, either falling or on the ground, at 10:30am.

Not true i was on the m7 near naas earlier,can't be sure of the time and the heavens opened with snow.you simply missed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It was pelting snow on the N7 at Rathcoole at around 9am this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

redsunset wrote: »
    Not true i was on the m7 near naas earlier,can't be sure of the time and the heavens opened with snow.you simply missed it
    Ah, but it is true that it was all over by 10:30am. And if there wasn't any sign of it left by then, then.. yawn.. let's say it wasn't anything worth writing home about, certainly not an event such that we have all been craving for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Ah, but it is true that it was all over by 10:30am. And if there wasn't any sign of it left by then, then.. yawn.. let's say it wasn't anything worth writing home about, certainly not an event such that we have all been craving for here.

"Not" to worry :pac:

Im convinced we are getting snow tonight... just convinced !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Made a small rain shower here 'bout 20 mins ago, if anyone is interested... :o

• Advertisement

Made a small rain shower here 'bout 20 mins ago, if anyone is interested... :o

Its dead here today, ain't it

tinners wrote: »

Sure is Tinners. A bit like the weather lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

a whiteout at the moment. i can honestly say if it continues at this intensity there will 1 metre snow drifts later on

ah well nice to dream:pac:

Sure is Tinners. A bit like the weather lately.

True that

I woke up with a feeling in me waters this morning that it would dump snow on me tonight

Im holding onto that haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

looks like it could b like that for the weekend,here anyway

• Advertisement

delw wrote: »
    looks like it could b like that for the weekend,here anyway

I just joined the gym for something to do while the weather is sleep inducing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=galway&day=5

lol, i know metcheck is rubbish, i feel like hitler at this stage moving non existent divisions to save Berlin, may as well pretend this is coming, :D

EVENT??

Was justing saying it snowed,you will have to get out of bed earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Well this is really strange. Car reading 9.5c on the way home from work. Garden temp currently 7.9c. It feels very warm outside, perhaps the warmest its been for 3 months! Now, It must be height related as the connemara mountains have snow on them at the highest peaks (Over 600m), fresh snow too since this morning. But the snow level has raised since this morning. Knock airport currently 1c which is only about 40kms away from me?

Things will really have to change for any kinda snow here in Mayo tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes, it's realtively milder compared to recent times here. the temperature went down in a hail shower but has since risen again to 6c. that front in the north, which would introduce colder air, isn't going to come down over us because a small lp has developed off the west coast which will serve to keep the front over ulster before it's killed off later tonight. i think we are are only getting showers of rain and hail due to the small lp that formed. these showers are set to die out during the night. so right now sunday looks like our best chance for snow according to the latest met eireann forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Lovely evening in Dublin CC now with a good break in the cloud cover allowing the sun through (Blasphemy I know!!!). Really mild today, well compared to recent temps as the wind chill is not in place.

Yes its actually spring like. Sun beaming in the window and cats sitting outside on the wall in the sun. Hasn't been like this for i dont know how long. I dont even have the heating on yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Encountered alot of heavy showers around Dubalin:),mixture of rain and hail. Sure feels cold enough for snow. The snow line on all the hills has retreated alot since this morning, it will probably all be gone by tomorrow. And by the looks of the lack of action around here there are no snow events on the horizon?
    Kildare didn't deliver for me Tinners. I'm disappointed:(

Encountered alot of heavy showers around Dubalin:),mixture of rain and hail. Sure feels cold enough for snow. The snow line on all the hills has retreated alot since this morning, it will probably all be gone by tomorrow. And by the looks of the lack of action around here there are no snow events on the horizon?
    Kildare didn't deliver for me Tinners. I'm disappointed:(

I feel personally responsible :(

Ah well.. snow beers have become non-snow beers

I feel personally responsible :(

Ah well.. snow beers have become non-snow beers

non-snow wine for me tonight!

6.9c here now, so its fallen a little, but im not expecting much at all. The seems to be some action rusing in from the south west now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

redsunset wrote: »
    EVENT??

Was justing saying it snowed,you will have to get out of bed earlier.

LOL , did you miss these three words aligned nose to tail in my post : 'not an event'.

I never said it didn't snow, just said it wasn't snowing at 10:30am, to which you replied 'not true' (:confused::mad:) as it was snowing 'earlier'.

Did someone get out of bed on the wrong side this morning :pac:

Snow deprivation doing it's insidious dirty work I fear.

snaps wrote: »
    non-snow wine for me tonight!

6.9c here now, so its fallen a little, but im not expecting much at all. The seems to be some action rusing in from the south west now.

Hmmm... looks like there could be some drunken ramblings on here later !!! :pac::pac:

snaps wrote: »
    Yes its actually spring like. Sun beaming in the window and cats sitting outside on the wall in the sun. Hasn't been like this for i dont know how long. I dont even have the heating on yet!

Recorded a max of 8.6c today, which is more or less average for maxima in these here parts. Didn't at any stage feel overly warm though as there was a slight but nagging breeze. Dp's must have been low but as my humidity senor is fecked I cannot tell.

Been spitting a light sun shower here for the last 15 mins. Big rainbow out the back towards the east.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had heavy snow shower this morning for about 30/40 minutes started to stick as I was leaving for college.

The weather over the past week has been bizzare, 3 inchs last saturday - melted by Tuesday evening then feeling really mild over past 4 days yet 3 inchs of snow fell 2 nights ago which melted 3 hours after it stopped, back to mild weather yesterday and snow this morning followed by another feeling very mild day. Shame as the snow totals over the past week here at least far exceeded what we got during the 'big freeze', its just too late in the winter for snow to be proper and stick around. There would have been some depths of snow here now if it was colder.

Snow deprivation doing it's insidious dirty work I fear.

God no sure this is what you missed earlier:D

heavy-snow-in-bucharest.jpg

Its dark, clear skys and 5.9c here, so outlook very grim for snow. Lovely moon to my south east i must say!

Hey Deep easterly whats your avatar now? Something to do with dangermouse???????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Heavy snow in Ballybofey area of donegal between 6 and 7. Lorries stuck on hills. Driving conditions atrocious.

irish1967 wrote: »
    Heavy snow in Ballybofey area of donegal between 6 and 7. Lorries stuck on hills. Driving conditions atrocious.

Finally !! some action !!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yeah action all right. Only problem is is heard of by phone. Green and grey here. :(

• Advertisement

irish1967 wrote: »
    Yeah action all right. Only problem is is heard of by phone. Green and grey here. :(

Im still convinced we are gonna get a surprise tonight

Cluthing at bloody straws lol :(

Advertisement