Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The week ahead ( Snow predictions & general outlook)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Really heavy snow all day in Meenaroy between Letterkenny & Fintown. Definitely the heaviest Ive seen all Winter, the road signs were unreadable with a thick layer of snow & everything was pure white. Didnt get any pics cause the visibility was terrible.

We nearly got stuck there though and about 10 minutes later it was on the radio that cars were getting stuck. That was about 4pm so I'd imagine its a lot worse now. Just a warning to anyone, I definitely wouldnt risk it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

being snowing heavy around Ballybofey. The gap is very bad on the ballybofey side but little or no snow in donegal town. On a separate note i want to purchase a decent weather station, can anyone recommend something?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

dont think were gonna see anyting south of Louth to Mayo for next few days? Forcast looks very dry according to RTE.

From Donegal Board..
    News Alert from Donegal Mountain Rescue Team: Please avoid McGrory's Bray and the Meenaroy Road, Glenties. This road is currently impassable due to severe snow fall and there is a current backup of upwards to 140 cars. The team are on call in the area to ensure the safety of people trapped in this area.

Looks like Im not going to be getting home any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

And here 20 miles from mc grorys brae it's green and a biting wind. Slight rain/ sleet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Harps wrote: »
    From Donegal Board..
    News Alert from Donegal Mountain Rescue Team: Please avoid McGrory's Bray and the Meenaroy Road, Glenties. This road is currently impassable due to severe snow fall and there is a current backup of upwards to 140 cars. The team are on call in the area to ensure the safety of people trapped in this area.

Looks like Im not going to be getting home any time soon!
    Ah sure ..it's only Donegal ...nobody cares (RTE news seemingly doesn't)

We laugh in the face of adversity ! Ha ha !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snow causes traffic chaos in areas of Donegal

Posted: 26/Feb 21:24
    Last Updated: 26/Feb 21:24

Heavy snow fall left roads in a number of areas of Donegal in a treacherous condition on Friday night.

Hundreds of motorists were stuck in the Meenaroy area when snow left the road, for a time, impassible. At one stage dozens of vehicle were gridlocked as the road conditions worsened,

There were also major delays for motoritst travelling on the Ballybofey to Donegal Town road. McGroary’s Bray became so slippy that traffic came to a standstill.

Further snow showers are expected overnight and early Saturday morning, this is expected to further complicate road conditions in the areas highlighted.

http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/02/26/snow-causes-traffic-chaos-in-areas-of-donegal/

Well I'm off to bed. Wonder what I will see tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

irish1967 wrote: »
    And here 20 miles from mc grorys brae it's green and a biting wind. Slight rain/ sleet.

I'd be 11/12 miles from there, same as you. Some snow but it was too wet to lie from the rain all day.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Take some pics if ye can,sounds great there.

Im not going to try it now until Monday morning but if its still got much up there Ill try and get a few pics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I have some pictures of Kildare if anyone is interested, a little bit off the Donegal topic but it's still snow all the same.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055840925

Advertisement