Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still delivering down south?

Options
  • 24-02-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

anyone delivering down south now? is dealhunter still in operation?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

guess they have all stopped doing it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

http://www.dealhunter.ie/

Our next grocery delivery day is:

Thurs 15th April 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

brightkane wrote: »
    http://www.dealhunter.ie/

Our next grocery delivery day is:

Thurs 15th April 2010

>>>
    Are they still in Business?

Maybe ring and ask?

Maybe ring and ask?
    >>>>>
    Yes I rang their Number 3 times
    085 819 7355

"Were Sorry The Number You Dialed Cannot Be Reached At This Time Please Try Again Later"

I will email them at dealhunter@ireland.com as a last resort

I think with UK Sterling been Strong and 450,000 People Plus Unemployed In The Republic Of Ireland their business has gone to the wall?

• Advertisement

ah cool ,i used to arrange deliveries from them on
    save@dealhunter.ie

might be orth a try

ah cool ,i used to arrange deliveries from them on
    save@dealhunter.ie

might be orth a try
    >>>>
    I have emailed them on that too i.e save@dealhunter.ie

The only solution I can think of is to contact some Northern Ireland based www.ebay.co.uk Ebayers and ask would they be interested in a Mail/Parcel forwarding Business to the Rep Of Ireland using Fastway Northern Ireland

Special Courier Vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

Not sure if anyone is interested but I'm a student living up North (Derry and Belfast) and could deliver goods etc for a small fee. I have a couple of days off during the week and I'm looking for part-time work anyway. PM me if interested! Mods im sorry if advertising my services is not allowed - feel free to delete it if so but I just thought I could help someone out and in return help myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

JohnOwonga wrote: »
    >>>>>

I think with UK Sterling been Strong and 450,000 People Plus Unemployed In The Republic Of Ireland their business has gone to the wall?

You'll be very surprised if you think there are any great savings. - I was in Tesco Banbridge yesterday evening on way home from a visit to Ballycastle just to see if prices were much different.

So myself & herself went in and looked at fruit / veg, meat, cold meats, dairy, canned goods, minerals, cereals, toiletries and alcohol.

We did buy sme items, but more because these items were not available in south (I like good ales) or they were on a buy one get one free promotion.

The surprising thing was that quite a few items were a fair bit more expensive in Banbridge than Tesco Newbridge. - Simpe things such as chopped tomatoes (20% more expensive), soya butter 60% more expensive (£1.40 v 99c), tins of beans (OK only 1c more expensive). Minerals were more expensive or the same, Fruit & veg were much the same price as was dairy product and even toiletries. On some wines, they were more expensive in banbridge unless it was a special offer.

In total we spent £56.48 - and all on items either not available down here or that were on offer.

We also dropped into The Outlet - christ it has changed. A load of shops have closed and the new ones that have opened are local trtaders selling off their crap. - After over an hour and a half checking all the stores we bought 1 x rugby jersey.

So, for anyone looking to the north for cheaper shopping, you will get a very big surprise. - of corse there are some savings if you target the special offers, but you do do the same down here.

btw - a quick drive up and down the car park lanes saw just one other southern reg car.

Advertisement