Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internazionale -v- Chelsea Match Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So what does that say about the Chelsea side? You cannot tell me that as a footballing entity they are progressing?

say about the players? not much, besides JT they dont get much say in who the manager is!

they are not going forward imo, but you hardly expect me to have a logical debate with you do you?

i like the outlandish statements you make, keep them up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Second most supported team in Italy, two European Cups, invented the catanaccio system, consistantly at the top of the Italian pile since they were founded etc.

I appreciate none of this is on Sky Sports, so might be beyond most of the barstoolers on here, but they will be still a force long after Chelsea slide back to being a yo-yo club.
    3/10 for delivery

2/10 for content

4/10 for digs at people

Overall you scored 3/10 for trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

deisedevil wrote: »
    You can only go on current standards, none of the so called top four have been consistent this season and Chelsea have been the most consistent so far and have the chance of winning the league in their own hands. That's a genuine force in fairness.

Oh god why am I biting, lol!

I'm not disputing they are the best of a mediocre bunch this season.

But English football isn't what it was even last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

CHD wrote: »
    Still crying?

I'm a Man Utd fan, we cry less than Chelsea fans! Don't forget it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

347d285.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Second most supported team in Italy, two European Cups, invented the catanaccio system, consistantly at the top of the Italian pile since they were founded etc.

I appreciate none of this is on Sky Sports, so might be beyond most of the barstoolers on here, but they will be still a force long after Chelsea slide back to being a yo-yo club.

god almighty your posts are tedious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man utd got to the final of the CL :confused:

CHD wrote: »
    3/10 for delivery

2/10 for content

4/10 for digs at people

Overall you scored 3/10 for trolling

So disagreeing with you is trolling? Good man Jaimie.

Again, feel free to disagree with the content of what I said. Before Abrhamovic, Chelsea were a yo-yo club with an empty trophy cabinet.

Inter were winning European Cups and literally reinventing the game.

This might come as news to some people, but football existed before the Premiership and Sky

guys dont scare the troll away!

trolls like this one are funny! not offensive, its impossible to make the mistake of taking anything they say seriously so its all good fun!

desperately needed in this forum now and then

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Man utd got to the final of the CL :confused:

Last year.... Thanks for that!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I think Inter will be too strong for a disjointed Chelsea team in decline.

I hope they hammer them and inflict more misery on the tainted Chelsea 'brand'.

This is aristocrats versus chav upstarts at a number of levels, and class tends to shine through.

If there was ever an advocate for staying off the drink during the day then this is it !

You would be more suited to Jeremy Kyle show making outlandish comments like the above, than on here giving us all a good laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Again, feel free to disagree with the content of what I said. Before Abrhamovic, Chelsea were a yo-yo club with an empty trophy cabinet.

This might come as news to some people, but football existed before the Premiership and Sky

Nottingham Forest have the same number of European Cups as Inter.

Aristocrats? Can't help sniggering tbh.

you jest surely??

nobody knows anything about football unless Andy Gray explains it in minute detail to them!

everyone knows this

All 4 English teams were in the quarter finals of CL last season and 3 of those teams were in the semi finals. How in gods name is that going into decline?

kryogen wrote: »
    guys dont scare the troll away!

trolls like this one are funny! not offensive, its impossible to make the mistake of taking anything they say seriously so its all good fun!

desperately needed in this forum now and then

Who is trolling? I believe Inter Milan and Chelsea are the antithisis of each other in footballing terms. One is a genuine dynasty who have been at the top of Italian and European football since day one.

The other is a mid tier London club who got lucky with an investor and have allowed a culture of boorish loutishness fester amongst their players and have generally behaved like obnoxious brats, especially to referees.

• Advertisement

Last year.... Thanks for that!

"But English football isn't what it was even last year. "

So you basically implied that English football was in decline even last year, when it clearly wasn't.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Nottingham Forest have the same number of European Cups as Inter.

Aristocrats? Can't help sniggering tbh.

Which is two more than every London club combined....

Whats your point caller?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Premier League:[61]2
    2004–05, 2005–06
    First Division:[61] 1
    1954–55
    Second Division:[61] 2
    1983–84, 1988–89
    FA Cup: 5
    1970, 1997, 2000, 2007, 2009
    League Cup: 4
    1965, 1998, 2005, 2007
    FA Charity/Community Shield:[62]4
    1955, 2000, 2005, 2009
    Full Members Cup: 2
    1986, 1990
    European
    UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 2
    1971, 1998
    UEFA Super Cup: 1

A lot of this was before June 2003 when RA took over the club , at least get your facts straight !

"But English football isn't what it was even last year. "

So you basically implied that English football was in decline even last year, when it clearly wasn't.

Eh? I clearly stated that English football this year has begun what will be a painful decline, on and off the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Internazionale, while a huge club alright, no argument, have not won a European Cup since 1965 or so, since they were La Grande Inter.......:confused:

• Advertisement

Who is trolling? I believe Inter Milan and Chelsea are the antithisis of each other in footballing terms. One is a genuine dynasty who have been at the top of Italian and European football since day one.

The other is a mid tier London club who got lucky with an investor and have allowed a culture of boorish loutishness fester amongst their players and have generally behaved like obnoxious brats, especially to referees.

Maybe your right there. But you said originally that because of this "class" Inter would prevail. Doesn't make a blind bit of difference how Chelsea got their money, it won't matter on the field of play.

Eh? I clearly stated that English football this year has begun what will be a painful decline, on and off the pitch.

Read what you wrote again for a third time: "But English football isn't what it was even last year. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Gone waaaaaaaay off topic here now... Great fun. Dashing out to pub to get dinner now. Wonder how long before the thread is locked for descending into this great laugh...

Talk to ya soon, CHD, if you're still up for it.

Back later, ta...:D

I'm a Man Utd fan, we cry less than Chelsea fans! Don't forget it!
    Fans don't cry, just Terry ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

All 4 English teams were in the quarter finals of CL last season and 3 of those teams were in the semi finals. How in gods name is that going into decline?
    In fairness he did say
    which means that it was better last year than i is now, and I would agree with that because the PL teams are not playing as well as last year.

Anyway, I reckon we should be able to get a win tonight, we have been playing well lately and the players have been showing a real never say die attitude which was shown in the games against Milan and Samp lately. I predict 3-1 home win.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Gone waaaaaaaay off topic here now... Great fun. Dashing out to pub to get dinner now. Wonder how long before the thread is locked for descending into this great laugh...

Talk to ya soon, CHD, if you're still up for it.

Back later, ta...:D
    Yeah, Byrnes at 7.40. Ring me around then.

Knowing Inter they will flop again in Europe but I hope they dont.

they really have strengthen since last year with the likes of sneijder, who imo has been one of inters best players this season

also I really like Lúcio, yes he goes on these mad runs up field but I think he is a right good CB and is a great threat at the set pieces, might put some money on him to score actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Headshot wrote: »
    also I really like Lúcio, yes he goes on these mad runs up field but I think he is a right good CB and is a great threat at the set pieces, might put some money on him to score actually
    I really am glad to say I was very wrong about signing him, I never rated him and didn't think he was good enough. He has been our best defender this season and he really is very important because Samuel is always likely to get lot of cards the way he plays and Cordoba just isn't as good as he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

kryogen wrote: »
    i love you man

you made me smile so much in this thread!

Inter top of the italian pile since they were founded?!!! i love it! and the massive two european cups they have, **** me, better tell AC Milan to be careful so as they might over take them sometime in the next centuary or so!

I wonder do you look at Manchester United's European record with the same disdain in comparison to Liverpool? Nah, didn't think so.

Chelsea should potentially batter this Inter side over two legs. They were absoluetly atrocious against Barca in both legs this year, Barca should have had scored a few at the San Siro. They got smacked at the Camp Nou too, was very discouraging to see Inter play so badly.

However, I would love to see Inter progress, just to see how the reactions of Cascarino, Souness, Dunphy, and Andy Gray to Inter knocking out their poster boys atm - Chelsea.

Read what you wrote again for a third time: "But English football isn't what it was even last year. "

I'm genuinely mystified.

What bit of English football isn't what it was last year are you struggling with?

If Sky do up a graphic will you understand it?

• Advertisement

dor83 wrote: »
    In fairness he did say which means that it was better last year than i is now, and I would agree with that because the PL teams are not playing as well as last year.

From the way it was written it looks like he was saying that even last year they were in decline.

I'm genuinely mystified.

What bit of English football isn't what it was last year are you struggling with?

Get off your high horse tbh.

Every league has weakened.

I'm genuinely mystified.

:rolleyes:

If you wrote it clearer I wouldn't have made the mistake. I wasn't the only one who made the mistake either.

English football in CL isn't what it was last year, well aware of that and you don't have much right to be getting up on your high horse after some of the tripe you wrote.

1844: Inter team: Julio Cesar, Maicon, Zanetti, Samuel, Lucio, Cambiasso, Stankovic, Motta, Sneijder, Eto'o, Milito.

1843: Chelsea team: Cech, Ivanovic, Malouda, Terry, Carvalho, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, Kalou, Anelka, Drogba.

Florent LB Kalou up front. happy enough with that I'm sure Malouda will do fine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Nervous about Malouda at LB but still think Chelsea will show their superiority.

Good old debate on RTE.

Dunphy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I'm a bit terrified of that team Johner, think Inter have a betetr starting 11, I have a cushion at the ready will be like watching a horror film as a kid

Malouda has played that role before for Lyon and for us once. I'm sure he will be grand.

Hope your right......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Johner wrote: »
    Good old debate on RTE.

Dunphy. :)

I was enjoying it, but they were all talking over each other and wouldn't let Whelan speak, even when Billo tried to let him in. He had to go to a break to get them to stfu :D

"Florent Malouda-louda-louda, Florent Malouda
    Florent Malouda-louda-louda, Florent Malouda..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Johner wrote: »
    Malouda has played that role before for Lyon and for us once. I'm sure he will be grand.

Fair enough if you're playing Sunderland at home, but away to Inter it's a huge risk. Good luck to the lad though, hope he does well.

Come on Chelsea!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Come on Chelsea!!!

Come on Inter!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Some shiner on Cesar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Rofl, RTE coverage was so clueless at times. Saying Eto'o is the main threat despite Milito being their best performer. Saying Chelsea will probably lose despite Inter being quite crap this year in the CL, especially against Barca.

Despite all that, hoping for Inter to destroy them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Goal........

1 - 0

Milito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Screamer!

great goal

come on inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Jesus what a start!

5/6 a side football