Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internazionale -v- Chelsea Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Johner wrote: »
    What?

It was a penalty.

No doubt it was, but Kalou didn't go straight down, he flailed his arms about which may of put of the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Hilarious post.

Even more hilarious was Kalou arms in the air and the referee waving play on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What?

It was a penalty.

to be fair, your a chelsea fan so to you its always going to be a peno

he didnt need to go down, he didnt need to jump into the air and fall the way he did, there was contact, but he does himself out of a peno imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

redout wrote: »

I'm sure if it happened to Rooney or Messi or a player from the many clubs you seem to support you wouldn't be happy.

Anyways, we haven't been good enough in the final third. Drogba has been unlucky not to get a goal but the midfield need to do more. Worryingly Inter look very dangerous on the counter.

kryogen wrote: »

he didnt need to go down, he didnt need to jump into the air and fall the way he did, there was contact, but he does himself out of a peno imo

Oh come on it's not because I'm a Chelsea fan I think its a peno, It simply is a peno, i'd think they same if it was United.

like i said earlier, its tailor made for an Inter counter attack game now

Is lampard playing lads, for serious? i didnt hear his name or see him in the first half?

Johnathan Stevenson on the BBC live text sums it up,

2031: How on earth is that not a penalty? Salomon Kalou races into the Inter box down the right and as he prepares to pull the trigger, Walter Samuel treads all over the back of his legs. It's a 100% penalty, end of. But referee Manuel Enrique Mejuto Gonzalez, astonishingly, waves play on.

Oh come on it's not because I'm a Chelsea fan I think its a peno, It simply is a peno, i'd think they same if it was United.

if he hadnt reacted the way he did i have no doubt in my mind he would have got a penalty

Is lampard playing lads, for serious? i didnt hear his name or see him in the first half?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you do no he is playing as has been pointed out already.

He's been poor though.

• Advertisement

He's on the pitch.

Inter keeping him quiet, Ballack doing nothing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Referee bottled it, simple as. If it was a dive it was a yellow, if not it's a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

2031: How on earth is that not a penalty? Salomon Kalou races into the Inter box down the right and as he prepares to pull the trigger, Walter Samuel treads all over the back of his legs. It's a 100% penalty, end of. But referee Manuel Enrique Mejuto Gonzalez, astonishingly, waves play on.

oh, well if he thinks it is a penalty, then it must have been.

I do think it should have been given, but Kalou's dive to get the ref's attention was poor and possibly swayed the decision against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

There was a foul, but the way Kalou theatrically threw himself to the floor meant that there is a high chance that the referee will see it as a dive. Even though there was contact, and should have been a penalty, but his play acting put doubt in the referee's head.

Also, LOL @ Dunphy saying 'Cambiasso, he's the bald fella who plays for Argentina'.... :p Top quality analysis there Eamo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What?

It was a penalty.

Heh, you must have read something I didn't actually say.

my first instinct with the peno shout was a dive tbh, it looked so theatrical

on seeing it again, there is contact but he does himself out of a peno by the way he elaboratly dives into the air, stupid

And if its not a peno the ref has to book him, shocking refereeing there
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    No doubt it was, but Kalou didn't go straight down, he flailed his arms about which may of put of the ref.
    redout wrote: »

Exactly to all of this.

he left out the part where Kalou gave his impression of an olympic diver

it should have been a penaly, but the theatrics stopped the ref giving it, Kalou should be blamed tbh

the ref should be blamed for either not giving a penalty or not booking Kalou

• Advertisement

oh, well if he thinks it is a penalty, then it must have been.

I do think it should have been given, but Kalou's dive to get the ref's attention was poor and possibly swayed the decision against him.

Did I say if he says it the it must be? I said he summed up what happened well. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

That's bull**** tbh. First, the hand was on the back. Foul #1. Stankovic tries to lean into Kalou with his body to push Kalou off the ball. Foul #2. The legs come together, at least twice causing Kalou to trip. Foul #3 and Foul #4. It's a stonewall penalty whether he throws his arms out or not.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you do no he is playing as has been pointed out already.

He's been poor though.

;) ok illo drop it now so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

we need someone to come off the bench and offer something in front of ivanovic, feck all is happening down that side

That's bull**** tbh. First, the hand was on the back. Foul #1. Stankovic tries to lean into Kalou with his body to push Kalou off the ball. Foul #2. The legs come together, at least twice causing Kalou to trip. Foul #3 and Foul #4. It's a stonewall penalty whether he throws his arms out or not.

4 separate fouls?

jesus that ref should never be allowed ref again

did i say it wasnt a penalty

and that post is your opinion, thanks for sharing

all i have to say really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Heh heh. Hilarious.

you see those shots stats?

Inter 3 Chelsea 12!
    2 on target to 6 on target

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

1 - 1

shouldent have been bet near post

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Yes ineffectual Kalou!!!!!

excellent by Ivanovic

KALOUUUUU HAVE THAT EVERYONE!!!

EXCELLENT IVANOVIC

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

jesus, nice goal.

great play by Ivanovic, awful defending though including the goalkeepoer, should never have been able to run that far, then the keeping was the definition of dire

What a goal. Cesar messed up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i take back what i said! great goal

game on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Awful, awful goalkeeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Huge huge goal. Kalou deserves it, he's been a real outlet and threat all night.

Awful goal keeping, awful. Has to do better than that.

keeper should save it actually.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Poor goalkeeping

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

****e from Cesar.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I expected alot better from Ceasar there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Terrible goalkeeping imo
    This is a stroll for Cheski:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

fair fooks ivanovic, went most of the way himself.
    nice finish kalou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Great finish by Kalou, Chelsea favourites for this tie.

Absolutely shocking defending from Inter, Ivanovic should have been tackled well before getting to the box. One of the Inter midfielders, don't know who, made basically no attempt at stopping him running through, that really is not good enough at this level and Inter have been rightly punished for it. I can't believe a player playing under Mourinho would show such little tactical or defensive awareness or drive/determination.

• Advertisement

There's the away goal.

Chelsea through to the quarters :cool:

Ivanovic is brilliant.

actually been hard on Cesar, boards curse probably did him, he had been spoken of as one of the best in the world earlier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

holy fcuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

actually been hard on Cesar, boards curse probably did him, he had been spoken of as one of the best in the world earlier!

its redouts fault

and ****ing yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,523 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

2-1

• Advertisement

What a strike. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Get IN:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O