Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internazionale -v- Chelsea Match Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Iolar wrote: »
    There will be changes at Chelsea in the summer :)
    Nope. Won't be. This is the hand we have decided to stick with. Might win a treble this year or nothing, might be crap next year. Watch Chelsea in 2 years, we are here to stay and hopefully dominate. Chelsea will be at the top for a long time yet. Could even do what United did 12 years ago, our youth is ****ing lethal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Normally ,I say last night result would be enough to see Chelsea through , Given their home record and all ,........but there one thing stopping me....... LUCIO .....,Fantastic game last night and if he can repeat that performance. Inter will have a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

One of the funniest things ever in football was Drogba looking disbelievingly at Lucio every time he dived and laughing himself in a holier than thou way, so so priceless!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Couldn't resist a comment about Lucio's performance tonight. He was astounding, completely dominated the Inter third of the pitch. One of the great performances. Right from the first minute when he went in with a purpose on Drogba he established himself as the boss on the night.

Jaysus he was down faster than one of Terrys slags.

Diving and feigning injury every chance he got, Ref fell for it him every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

CHD wrote: »
    Nope. Won't be. This is the hand we have decided to stick with. Might win a treble this year or nothing, might be crap next year. Watch Chelsea in 2 years, we are here to stay and hopefully dominate. Chelsea will be at the top for a long time yet. Could even do what United did 12 years ago, our youth is ****ing lethal.

:D:D:D

Seriously man, get a grip. An aging squad and a sugardaddy with one foot out the door and you are talking about dominating?

Looks like I was right on the Inter win, and it could have been more. Hopefully they keep the forward momentum going and finish a weak Chelsea off and prompt the Russian to finally jack it in and Chelsea can go back to their natural level, with West Ham fighting for survival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Lucio is such a pro, what Carvalho aspires to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just popping in to say...

1) the ref was a bit ridiculous, but I'm not shocked in the slightest that Inter didn't lose.

2) Lucio is a chancer, but what a chancer! in all honesty though, embarrassing.

3) Terry has turned into quite a liability.

This tie is far from a foregone conclusion in terms of a Chelsea victory.

SlickRic wrote: »
    This tie is far from a foregone conclusion in terms of a Chelsea victory.

When was it ever?

When was it ever?

read the rest of the match thread.

you'll be surprised at the amount of 'Chelsea through' posts there are after Kalou's goal.

• Advertisement

read the rest of the match thread.

you'll be surprised at the amount of 'Chelsea through' posts there are after Kalou's goal.

I tend to ignore most of the EPL posters on here. They are generally clueless about the game. As this thread shows in spades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I tend to ignore most of the EPL posters on here. They are generally clueless about the game. As this thread shows in spades.

Nice Generalisation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Well, arent you just a treat....

Frisbee wrote: »
    Nice Generalisation
    Archimedez wrote: »
    Well, arent you just a treat....

I stand by it. There are a rump of posters on here who I would assume are quite young, who have a very poor understanding of football as a game and its culture.

Looking back through this thread the reading of the game from some posters is miles off, and back to my original contribution, are completely in the dark about the achievements of teams not featured on sky sports.

Chelsea are not a big club in a London context, never mind a European one. Despite their relative success, their 'brand' has not expanded in any significant way and 90% of the press out of the club is negative. No amount of hype will change that fact.

I stand by it. There are a rump of posters on here who I would assume are quite young, who have a very poor understanding of football as a game and its culture.

Looking back through this thread the reading of the game from some posters is miles off, and back to my original contribution, are completely in the dark about the achievements of teams not featured on sky sports.

Chelsea are not a big club in a London context, never mind a European one. Despite their relative success, their 'brand' has not expanded in any significant way and 90% of the press out of the club is negative. No amount of hype will change that fact.

Well Ill have you know Im one of the most mature posters on here. I like to go about making my contributions in the most professional and well-rounded manner, which I really feel enables us all to..........
    I stand by it. There are a rump of posters on here who...

Hehe. You said rump.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Lucio is such a pro, what Carvalho aspires to be.

I am taking it you are being sarcastic? Carvalho is one of the most underrated footballer in the EPL and is every bit as important to Chelsea as their so called stars. When he is injured the gaping hole at the back is very prominent and its no coincidence the times of his career when JT 'lost confidance' or 'lost form' has been when Carvalho was missing. Worth every cent of his £16M fee.

A Spanish ref in charge of a Chelsea-Italian (any Italian) team, and people are surprised at the amount of frees awarded? Come off it peope.

I fancy chelsea to go through as Milan are poor overall and at the Bridge you always fancy Chelsea to score at least one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,828 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I am taking it you are being sarcastic? Carvalho is one of the most underrated footballer in the EPL and is every bit as important to Chelsea as their so called stars. When he is injured the gaping hole at the back is very prominent and its no coincidence the times of his career when JT 'lost confidance' or 'lost form' has been when Carvalho was missing. Worth every cent of his £16M fee.

A Spanish ref in charge of a Chelsea-Italian (any Italian) team, and people are surprised at the amount of frees awarded? Come off it peope.

I fancy chelsea to go through as Milan are poor overall and at the Bridge you always fancy Chelsea to score at least one.

I think he means in terms of diving and generally being dramatic.;)

Unlucky for Chelsea that they are playing Inter. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Looks like I was right on the Inter win, and it could have been more. Hopefully they keep the forward momentum going and finish a weak Chelsea off and prompt the Russian to finally jack it in and Chelsea can go back to their natural level, with West Ham fighting for survival.

Could have been more? Well it could have been 3-2 to Chelsea but it wasn't. What's your point?

Back to their natural level fighting relegation? That's hilarious. Before Roman we were a top 6 team with a squad trying to get into the Champions League places. How is that fighting for survival? :rolleyes:

Johner wrote: »
    Could have been more? Well it could have been 3-2 to Chelsea but it wasn't. What's your point?

Back to their natural level fighting relegation? That's hilarious. Before Roman we were a top 6 team with a squad trying to get into the Champions League places. How is that fighting for survival? :rolleyes:

Low blow dude. How dare you bring logic into this debate.

• Advertisement

bravo.

pedantic posts always win the day.

bravo.

pedantic posts always win the day.

I don't think its pedantic to get the name of the team right in a match discussion myself....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Like why are you so impress by two European Cups in the early 60s?

Why does what competitions they won nearly half a century ago make you think they're so wonderful? Chelsea have won several meaningful competitions in the last decade.

You're talking shít about people and Sky Sports here for the last couple of days but if anything you're worse - you'll only give something credit if it wasn't on Sky Sports.

Pretty retarded tbh.

I don't think its pedantic to get the name of the team right in a match discussion myself....

we all knew what he meant though.

either way, i agree with him. Chelsea should get through, as tough as i expect Mourinho to make it.

one thing I can't wait for in terms of the replay is Mourinho's sideshow. he'll milk it for all it's worth.

Johner wrote: »

And 'you' (what part of London are you from?) were bankrupt as a result. Abramhovic bought Chelsea at a time there were facing ruin.

Chelsea are not, and never will be a genuine European force. 'You' got exceptionally lucky that he invested in you and now he is leaving, brace yourselves for torrid couple of years as you adjust to the level of West Ham and Blackburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

cop the fVck on - in an inter - chelsea thread its farirly clrear who Milan refers to

Yeap Inter MILAN, thought I did not have to elaborate as we all saw the same match :D

Anyway thread is going off topic, looking forward to the replay. anyone know why the Chelsea/ A.C :) match was this week instead of with the maority last week? Is it for the obvious TV rights?

cop the fVck on - in an inter - chelsea thread its farirly clrear who Milan refers to

Pffft, who are chelsea? The only teams playing in this game are Chelsea Football Club, and milan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Pffft, who are chelsea? The only teams playing in this game are Chelsea Football Fornication Club, and milan.

fyp.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

And 'you' (what part of London are you from?) were bankrupt as a result. Abramhovic bought Chelsea at a time there were facing ruin.

Chelsea are not, and never will be a genuine European force. 'You' got exceptionally lucky that he invested in you and now he is leaving, brace yourselves for torrid couple of years as you adjust to the level of West Ham and Blackburn.

Just out of interest what team do you follow /support ?

• Advertisement

No its not. Milan is AC Milan. Inter is Inter. Feeds into my argument that most posters here are fundamentally ignorant of football thats not shown on MOTD or Sky.

Its like calling Everton Liverpool....

Just out of interest what team do you follow /support ?

Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Pffft, who are chelsea? The only teams playing in this game are Chelsea Football Club, and milan.

To be fair, it's more like calling Manchester United just 'Manchester,' or calling Everton 'Liverpool,' not that it bothers me too much.

No its not. Milan is AC Milan. Inter is Inter. Feeds into my argument that most posters here are fundamentally ignorant of football thats not shown on MOTD or Sky.

Its like calling Everton Liverpool....

ah here, take the cork out will you?

it doesn't tell us anything about anyone's 'ignorance' about football.

it was a throwaway term, and he probably assumed nobody would give two f*cks about it. i'm sure he is fully aware who Milan and Inter are.

carlop wrote: »
    To be fair, it's more like calling Manchester United just 'Manchester,' or calling Everton 'Liverpool,' not that it bothers me too much.

More along the lines of calling atletico just "madrid" when real aren't involved in the game. Nobody would ever get confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

carlop wrote: »

Yup!
    The two clubs in Milan are

Internazionale
    and
    Milan

While we all knew to whom the poster referred, it is not acceptable to refer to Inter as Milan. Not sure who'd be the more upset.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Nobody who knows football refers to Inter as Milan.

If someone refers to Milan they are always referring to AC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

More along the lines of calling atletico just "madrid" when real aren't involved in the game. Nobody would ever get confused
    No, it's more like refering to Espanyol as Barcalona.

Was a decent game last night, didn't think the ref was as bad as some people made out, the only major thing he got wrong was the pen that should have been given on Kalou. I think we will need to score in the 2nd leg but we are more than capable of doing that, should be another god game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Blame the pedants

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement