Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new phone..

• 24-02-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Ok know there has been loads of these threads but here goes... .

Currently have a nokia 5800 and im not impressed or happy with it at all.. dont like the touch screen's response time or how buggy the os is. yes ive upgraded it to the latest firmware.. in general dont find it a great phone to use and i have no need or want of all theapps you can install or that are installed.

Now i thought about getting the nokia n900 but ive a feeling ill run into the same problems or similar, to much extras for what i actually need, like the idea of the new OS but wondering would i actually get any use out of it. Its not like i can get my hands on one for a week or two to test it :( so does anyone use it as for just texting and calling ppl? and is it to much phone if thats all it would be used for?

The other idea i had was to go with a simvalley phone, mini-handy rx-280. Its a really light weight phone, texting and calls, thats all it does. not even sure it has an alarm. Has anyone used one? any idea what they are like for signal strength? Have issues with the nokia 5800 at the moment where it keeps switching between 3g and gsm.. dropping calls and the like so wanted to make sure the signal strength on this was good as its so small..

Any other phone ideas for me??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I have the HTC HD2 and the touch screen on that is brilliant, It runs on Windows Mobile and I absolutely adore it :) Available billpay on O2 for 199 and shortly coming out on Vodafone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

The htc hd2, can it be minimalised so that all that is running on it is the miniumum os and drop all the extra.. wouldnt use a phone for internet, music or radio..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

nialo wrote: »
    The htc hd2, can it be minimalised so that all that is running on it is the miniumum os and drop all the extra.. wouldnt use a phone for internet, music or radio..

Its probably too much for your needs then.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

OP, you should pick up an Nokia E53.

right! a phone that doesnt exist or is a knock off!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

On vodafone bill at the moment. no problem changing really thou. contract is up about 9 months ago..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

nialo wrote: »
    right! a phone that doesnt exist or is a knock off!!
    Sorry Nialo - I just let slip Nokia's next phone :pac:

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

e1080 supports java which you will need if using cabbage free text program.

others dont support it. i highly recommend cabbage

Samsung E1080T - Full phone specifications
    Samsung E1120 - Full phone specifications
    Nokia 1208 - Full phone specifications

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

i know but cabbage lets you text for free so he might as well go with the samsung

good find by the way. i was only aware of the nokias

just realised that it isnt possible to get cabbage on samsung as there is no browser.

correct me if im wrong

Advertisement