Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS for Car/Motorbike

Options
  • 24-02-2010 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking to buy a GPS to be used mainly for the car and sometimes for the Motorbike....

Any advice about that?

I think the Zumo660 is the recommended one...so what do u think about it? can I upload a POI file to its map?any good offeres? it seems it is expensive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I've been using my Zumo 550 for a couple of years now (on both bike/car). Great piece of kit.
    Yes, you can upload POIs, additional maps (Open Street Maps etc). Not sure about offers (you'll have to shop around online) but you could always try and buy a Zumo 550. They should be cheaper based on the availability of the newer model, and you might be able to pick one up second hand, from someone who is upgrading. Try eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

I've been using my Zumo 550 for a couple of years now (on both bike/car). Great piece of kit.
    Yes, you can upload POIs, additional maps (Open Street Maps etc). Not sure about offers (you'll have to shop around online) but you could always try and buy a Zumo 550. They should be cheaper based on the availability of the newer model, and you might be able to pick one up second hand, from someone who is upgrading. Try eBay.

Thanks for ur reply...

whats the different between the 550 and 660? would the 550 be enough for a normal user?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can compare the specs Zumo550 specs -
    Zumo 660 Specs.
    You could also look at TomTom Rider Range

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

mmalaka wrote: »
    Thanks for ur reply...

whats the different between the 550 and 660? would the 550 be enough for a normal user?
    What's a normal user? Are you suggesting I'm not normal? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

What's a normal user? Are you suggesting I'm not normal? :)
    hmmm hard to tell ;)

normal user means I am not looking for something super fancy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Have both the 550 and the 660, the latter is the business, never thought id say it but its the one I use most, battery life good too when in my top pocket, its far more portable and a better machine in my opinion

Advertisement