Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Ireland to the states, what will i need to bring my dog over?

Options
  • 24-02-2010 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hiya, I'm hoping to move from ireland back to the states in the next year and will be bringing my dog with me. I've been trying to find information on what i will need (pet passport, vaccinations, etc..) and am finding lots of different answers!

I know i will need a special crate and have looked into the plane tickets as well but after ringing the vets and the airlines i've been given different answers. As Ireland is a rabies-free country i will not have to put him into quarentine thankfully but just curious if anyone knows what else i will need and any idea of the costs and timing i will need to take to have all the vaccinations done! Thanks a mil! :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Have you contacted the Department of Agriculture? They'd probably be the best people to tell you what's involved.

Also, there was a thread on the forum not too long ago - maybe if you do a search for it, it might pop up?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

i have no idea at all, but i'd say your best bet is to go with what the airline says.

Have them put everything in writing and confirm and double confirm everything they say, then triple confirm it! Have everything in writing and try and speak to the highest authority at the airline that you can.

Advertisement