Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fax over Internet

• 24-02-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I need to send a fax (why in this day and age you can't email some places is beyond me) and unfortunately I don't happen to have a fax machine in my house, so I did a quick search and it seems it should be possible to use Windows 7's own Fax software and the Internet.

The problem is that there seems to be a million and one companies offering to do this so has anyone here used any apps that will let you do this in Ireland, or recommendations on what's good?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's for an Irish number?
    I think Skype has an extension, Pam something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Magnus wrote: »
    It's for an Irish number?
    I think Skype has an extension, Pam something.

Yep it's for a standard Dublin 01 number... must have a look at skype so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

FOIP has been around for years in some form, quite like this article. It details some options for you.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/foip.htm

In relation to faxing through Skype, it's a non-runner.

https://support.skype.com/en/search/?q=fax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Yep it's for a standard Dublin 01 number... must have a look at skype so.

Name and shame, WTF a FAX, how 80s!

LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

You would be surprised how many people still fax, I kid you not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

My bet is that it wont be private sector....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

You could try www.myfax.co.uk . They offer a free trial and Dublin based numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 patchrick

blueface.ie are an Irish company and have a great voip service that includes fax services. We use them here in the shop with a few linksys spa-200 ATAs and they work a treat, can't tell the difference from a copper line.

Patrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I've used efax before.

You get a fax number, people send faxes to this number and they come to you via email.

You can send faxes on the website or as an attachment to an email which you send to a specific address.

30-day free trial. No limitations during the trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Enigma IE wrote: »
    You would be surprised how many people still fax, I kid you not.
    inforfun wrote: »
    My bet is that it wont be private sector....
    AIB actually - though I'm not sure if they qualify as "private sector" anymore :D I did ask if I could email it, but she suggested snail mail instead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'll send it for you (if you want to email it to me in PDF) if it's only a page or two if you like. :)

Advertisement