Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fertilizer Prices in NW | WEST | Midlands

• 24-02-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Its getting near that time of year again.....

I was quoted 350 a tonne for 18-6-12 in local coop....

Anyone know of where I coul get a better price in the North West | Midlands | North

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

kerry store near me said fert was going up by 25-30/t from last monday but im not actually sure what the price is now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

adne wrote: »
    Its getting near that time of year again.....

I was quoted 350 a tonne for 18-6-12 in local coop....

Anyone know of where I coul get a better price in the North West | Midlands | North

That seems quite high to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭red bull

Tuam mart store 315 last week may be gone up now ring them 093 24149

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lifelover2006

how much is straight nitrogen.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

i know i not in your area but i bought top lift 27/2.5/5 for 285€ and top lift urea 305€ last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

how much is straight nitrogen.........

I have heard rumours of 270 a tonne

It was 220 Tuam mart store may have gone up in last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

By Caitriona Murphy

Tuesday February 16 2010

CAN prices are continuing to move upwards, making urea the best value per kilogramme of nitrogen on the market.

Best prices for CAN have moved from €185/t three weeks ago to €205-215/t late last week. However, these quotes were predominantly secured by large buyers or those offering cash deals, and CAN quotes have moved to €245-250/t at the upper end of the scale.

There are some deals on CAN still being closed at the €210-215/t range but there is upward pressure, and the window of opportunity to achieve lower CAN prices is narrowing quickly.

At current prices of around €280/t, urea is very attractive, equating to a cost of 60c/kg of nitrogen, compared to 80c/kg of nitrogen for CAN.

Even taking into account the poorer usage of urea under less-than-perfect spreading conditions, urea remains better value than CAN at present.

However, stocks of urea are likely to run down in the coming weeks and replacement values are set to be €30-40/t higher than the current level.

It is understood that suppliers forward bought most of the 100,000t of urea required for the Irish market. In the meantime, urea prices have risen sharply, causing an increase in the replacement cost.

Meanwhile, prices for NPK compounds are still stable and are likely to remain so in the short term.

The latest IFA fertiliser price survey shows urea prices are similar across the country.

Big bags of urea, delivered on-farm, are being quoted at €280-320/t in Munster and €280-330/t in Connacht, with the lower quotes applying to cash deals.

In south Leinster, quoted prices range from €280/t for payment at the end of April to €330/t on longer credit terms, while the range in north Leinster is €285-325/t.

Pressure

Quotes for big bags of CAN delivered on-farm show a much larger range, reflecting the upward pressure on price. In Munster, the quotes range from €215-245/t, while in south Leinster the quotes range from €210/t for April payment up to €240/t.

North Leinster quotes are from €205/t for April payment to €250/t on longer credit terms, while Ulster quotes for CAN are from €210/t for cash deals to €240/t for credit deals.

Bulk CAN quotes are currently at €190-€215/t in south Leinster and €200-€230/t in north Leinster.

The IFA price survey showed quotes for big bags of 18-6-12 delivered in Munster ranged from €300/t for June payment to €330/t for longer credit.

The same product in south Leinster was at €305-€330/t and €5/t cheaper in north Leinster.

Quotes for 27-2.5-5 and 24-2.5-10 were limited to Munster. Granulated big bags of 27-2.5-5 were available at €295-325/t, while granulated big bags of 24-2.5-10 were quoted at €303/t for cash deals and up to €330/t for credit deals.

Quotes for 10-10-20 in Leinster differed by €15-30/t, depending on the area. In south Leinster, prices quoted for big bags delivered were €350-380/t, while north Leinster quotes stood at €345-360/t.

The IFA survey also showed quotes for other compounds, including 50pc muriate of potash, which was quoted at €380-€410/t for delivered bags.

Delivered bags of 13-6-20 were quoted at €320/t, based on the payment at harvest time.

A price of €295/t was quoted for bags of 19-0-15+S, delivered on-farm.

The price of 15-3-20 varied by €2/t, with quotes for bags delivered on-farm ranging from €305-320/t.

Finally, €335/t was quoted for 16-4-20 delivered on-farm.

IFA inputs team leader Chris Hayes insisted that farmers who continue to shop around and get quotes from outside their own area were still getting the best deals.

Large growers, group buyers and cash buyers are the most likely to secure fertiliser at lower prices, he said.

However, Mr Hayes added that there were good deals to be secured on credit terms, with merchants offering several months credit at no extra cost.

"Urea remains better value than CAN, with a 33pc discount when the nitrogen content is taken into account," he said.

"Urea costs 60c/kg of nitrogen compared to CAN, which costs 80c/kg of nitrogen.

"As CAN prices continue to rise, grassland farmers should look at the 27s and 24s for better value."

- Caitriona Murphy

Irish Independent

Paid for 10 ton of urea from Connacht Gold Last week. It won't be delivered until mid March but I secured a price of EUR300 per ton. It is at Eur330 this week. All reports say that its only going to rise. There's a lot more value to be got from spreading Urea instead of CAN - especially if you apply slurry before hand. However, its pointless spreading Urea after June 1st.

reilig wrote: »
    Paid for 10 ton of urea from Connacht Gold Last week. It won't be delivered until mid March but I secured a price of EUR300 per ton. It is at Eur330 this week. All reports say that its only going to rise. There's a lot more value to be got from spreading Urea instead of CAN - especially if you apply slurry before hand. However, its pointless spreading Urea after June 1st.
    Lets hope june weather is better than last year

• Advertisement

red bull wrote: »

Got most my silage in early June last year. I thought July was the worst month. My cattle spent most of it in the shed eating June Silage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭adne

reilig wrote: »
    Got most my silage in early June last year. I thought July was the worst month. My cattle spent most of it in the shed eating June Silage.

Sorry to be narky... but can we stick to the title of the thread

adne wrote: »
    Sorry to be narky... but can we stick to the title of the thread

Sorry about that.

Would it not make sense for you to contact your local fertilizer suppliers for prices because most people on here will only be guessing the prices as they haven't bought yet. It would only take a few phone calls and could be done as fast as you would post a message on here. As the article that I posted above says, there is better value to be got if you are paying up front rather than using suppliers credit facilities.

I priced the place in Derrylin that I bought from last year but they couldn't compete with connacht gold - about €10 per ton more expensive for CAN and not supplying Urea at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

red bull wrote: »

june was a fantastic month last year bar the last few days

Advertisement