Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Addittional fees ?

Options
  • 24-02-2010 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭

Did not want to de-rail this thread ,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055837420

but want ask - have any of ye successfully re negotiated additional fees where workload expands due to AI + client changes during planning ?

Have you negotiated additional fees? 4 votes

yes sometimes
    0% 0 votes
    no never
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Simple answer - Yes :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not yet! Happy enough to deal with AI, usually, within agreed fee.

Other thread I started may change this situation as client had 'signed off' on design prior to planning and now wants to make changes. Changes would really involve revising every drawing sent in for planning.

Trying to persuade client changes are not necessary, one reason being that I don't want to discuss the ugly issue of additional fees!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

depends on how significant.

currently have 2 FIs on extensions where redesign is being requested. Both cases of where our suggested design was dismissed by client in favour of their "design". Both will be hit for additional fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I normally include dealing with a reasonable ammount of FI with my fees but where a complete redesign is required usually due to the client not listening to me then its time for more fees!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I base every case on its own merits. If the FI is basic I don't charge for it, if it includes a re-design or significant additional information I would need to charge for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Not in every case, but we do at times, particularly where we've being pushed to reduce our original fee. Normally we cover ourselves in that at the bottom of our fee proposal we state that the fee doesn't cover additional design related work

Advertisement