Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Gaijin

Options
  • 24-02-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Help. I used to be a video gamer, used to be up on all the good games from spectrum days on, used to be the guy who played everygame and beat the good ones them many times over. For the last 3,4 years I've still been playing a bit but too busy to keep up with good games amidst all the rubbish. Now most games I buy for my wii, pc, xbox and ps3 are less than, or poor rehashes of better games. I bored of bioshock, half life2 and mass effect very quickly for example. What games are good now? The only games I've bought and liked in the last few year are halo odst, wii motion plus rowing and mirrors edge, and I've bought quite a few games. I also enjoy playing halos mythic disk and proevo online. Are there any games worth buying now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Mass Effect 2 is a lot better than the first, Bioshock is only worth the effort for the story imo, bit overrated gameplay wise.

Give infamous a go, hooked me to an insane degree for about 3 weeks, played through one and a half times and I never repeat games (except FF ones) and I enjoyed it enough to want to get all the trophies, I'm still working on it. Great fun to play and challenging enough on Hard. Has the free running down pretty well too if you liked Mirrors Edge.

360 has been weak of late, but Mass Effect 2 is excellent, well worth the effort.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Soccertainer

Mass Effect 2 is a lot better than the first, Bioshock is only worth the effort for the story imo, bit overrated gameplay wise.

Give infamous a go, hooked me to an insane degree for about 3 weeks, played through one and a half times and I never repeat games (except FF ones) and I enjoyed it enough to want to get all the trophies, I'm still working on it. Great fun to play and challenging enough on Hard. Has the free running down pretty well too if you liked Mirrors Edge.

360 has been weak of late, but Mass Effect 2 is excellent, well worth the effort.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is great too.
    Thanks infamous sounds good, hadn't even heard of it. I'm not sure if I could forgive mass effect enough to fork out for the second installment though! Maybe when it goes cheap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

check out a little game called Fallout 3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Defo give Batman a go. Easily one of the best from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Soccertainer

Cool thanks, will try fallout 3 and give bats another go around...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fallout is a big maybe imo. I enjoyed it, but its hard to say if someone else will (unlike a pretty much universally likeable game like Batman)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hate batman but only because my brother bought it for my birthday and then proceeded to steal my 360 and play it himself before I'd even played the thing. I should have made sure he got me bayonetta.

Advertisement