Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non DSL Broadband

• 24-02-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Sorry if there is another thread for this, I had a look, but can't find anything.

I have 20meg broadband with UPC at the moment and it's great. Only dropped out a couple of times in the past 5 or so months. Problem is, I'm moving and UPC are unsure as to whether or not the internet is available in my new place. They say the apartment block is listed as not having internet, but one apartment is listed as having it, so they're checking it out.

In the event that I can't move UPC over, what other options are available without a phone line? I am loath to pay an extra €25 odd on top of my broadband bill. Speed isn't a major issue and I'm content that I wouldn't be able to get 20meg again.

I'll be in the Portobello area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Sorry if there is another thread for this, I had a look, but can't find anything.

I have 20meg broadband with UPC at the moment and it's great. Only dropped out a couple of times in the past 5 or so months. Problem is, I'm moving and UPC are unsure as to whether or not the internet is available in my new place. They say the apartment block is listed as not having, but one apartment is listed as having it, so they're checking it out.

In the event that I can't move UPC over, what other options are available without a phone line? I am loath to pay an extra €25 odd on top of my broadband bill. Speed isn't a major issue and I'm content that I wouldn't be able to get 20meg again.

I'll be in the Portobello area.

Irish Broadband (ripwave), Mobile BB (O2, Vodafone, Meteor etc), Clearwire

They're just a few options I can think of right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Irish Broadband (ripwave), Mobile BB (O2, Vodafone, Meteor etc), Clearwire

They're just a few options I can think of right now.

Any idea how reliable they are? I've used mobile broadband before and that's not really an option as there'll be a couple of us using it.

Advertisement