Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RROD + Cheapest place to buy an XBox

• 24-02-2010 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

My current one freezes every now and then and when i switch it off,my tv screen goes green for a split second. Upon googling this seems its a precursor to the dreaded RROD. Its well over 4 years old and i actually bought it second half from a guy on boards.

Anyway,whats the cheapest and best place to get a new console?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Have a look on adverts.

you have to be careful that your not buying one thats banned from xbox live though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭May Feign

i did the adverts thing last time, this time i want to be able to have a comeback on ,incase anything goes wrong

i was lucky the last time but if i go again with adverts and something goes wrong i could get a big ''**** off,its your problem not mine'' and as you say with the increase in number of consoles being banned,you dont know what you're buying these days

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

Wouldnt get another second hand one. Xboxes have gone down in price massively over the years and theres always deals in xtravision/gamestop. In xtravision at the minute theres a deal for an elite with bad company 2 and mw2 with a second controller too for 289 euro. Apparently the newer models have less of a chance of rroding too but I cant verify that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

Amazon are doing the elite for £195 with Bioshock 2 delivered.
    Sainsburys are doing the elite for £159

Argos were doing the arcade for €129.99 yesterday I went to get one this morning, they just put them back up to €199.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

When mine went last year i didnt think i had any warranty left on it. Yer woman said that even if i didnt have any warranty, microsoft would repair it and the cost would be significantly reduced as im a live customer! Turns out i did have a few days left and i sint have to pay for it.

Maybe Ring MS and see how much it costs for repair before you shell out on a whole new console?

• Advertisement
Advertisement