Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballivor,Meath to Dublin.

• 24-02-2010 1:30pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what the commute above would be like.

Currently in Maynooth and the commute door to door takes an hour to an hour and 10 minutes.

Looking at a bigger house in Ballivor and the only thing stopping me is the commute time.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Very limited public transport - bus is given 1 hour 20 minutes to do the trip.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202394308-115bv.pdf

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

KC61 wrote: »
    Very limited public transport - bus is given 1 hour 20 minutes to do the trip.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202394308-115bv.pdf

Thats not bad.Should have really said driving time.Good to know that a bus takes 1h20m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Thats not bad.Should have really said driving time.Good to know that a bus takes 1h20m.

stick the start and destination in on google maps and it'll give you a time then just add whatever you think is appropriate for traffic from experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Does it still have that crazy road through the bog, that rises and dips with the odd big bump that comes from nowhere and a suprise bend or two!!!

Man i used to love that road!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭bog master

Ballivor to Maynooth is a 30/40 minute journey. However you can pick up the M4 at Kinnegad, Enfield or Kilcock. Bus is poor. 3 a day to Dublin early am, midday, midafternoon, and last bus back is 18:15

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sorry for late replies and thanks for the replies--Went to view 4 houses there yesterday.The place is quite nice for a small country town and the kids loved it.Commute from Maynooth to Ballivor took 20 mins.Came back the N4 and it took 15 mins from Ballivor to Kinnegad and the 15 mins to Maynooth junction on the N4 so the commute isnt as bad as I thought it would take.

Gonna try Ballivor to Dunboyne over the weekend just to try that route before I make a decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭bog master

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Sorry for late replies and thanks for the replies--Went to view 4 houses there yesterday.The place is quite nice for a small country town and the kids loved it.Commute from Maynooth to Ballivor took 20 mins.Came back the N4 and it took 15 mins from Ballivor to Kinnegad and the 15 mins to Maynooth junction on the N4 so the commute isnt as bad as I thought it would take.

Gonna try Ballivor to Dunboyne over the weekend just to try that route before I make a decision.

Hmmm, may have the moderator living next to me!!!! Just a couple of points and no offense intended. If you made Ballivor to Maynooth via Rathmolyon and Summerhill in 20 minutesyou are doing very well. From the middle of the village to the College is 20+miles. Bear in mind, I dont travel at commute times so maybe faster in early am etc., but on country roads you will encounter lorries, tractors, and slow drivers and overtaking is not always possible. Ballivor to Kinnegad in 15 minutes is about average so spot on there.

Summerhill to Dunboyne is not a bad road, some good straight stretches but some deadly bends and I would think Dunboyne village would slow you down a good bit, but depends on where in Dublin you are heading.

One further option, which is a bit out of your way, would be go to Trim, 9 miles, then head out the Dublin Rd to the N3/M3. A fine road all the way to Black Bull.

If you want any opinions info on the Ballivor, pm me if you like.

bog master wrote: »
    Hmmm, may have the moderator living next to me!!!! Just a couple of points and no offense intended. If you made Ballivor to Maynooth via Rathmolyon and Summerhill in 20 minutesyou are doing very well. From the middle of the village to the College is 20+miles.

Maynooth--Moyglare road--Summerhill road.Come out at that bend/bridge near past Kilcloon.I know the route quite well since I deal with Elliots there on the Summerhill road.It was 3.00 pm yesterday and no traffic.

Bear in mind, I dont travel at commute times so maybe faster in early am etc., but on country roads you will encounter lorries, tractors, and slow drivers and overtaking is not always possible. Ballivor to Kinnegad in 15 minutes is about average so spot on there.

Thats quite a possible journey for me--M4 all the way to Lucan--Strawberry beds--North circular.

Summerhill to Dunboyne is not a bad road, some good straight stretches but some deadly bends and I would think Dunboyne village would slow you down a good bit, but depends on where in Dublin you are heading.

Dunboyne road might be better route though.Seems more direct.

One further option, which is a bit out of your way, would be go to Trim, 9 miles, then head out the Dublin Rd to the N3/M3. A fine road all the way to Black Bull.

Never thought of that way.Trim road comes out at Fairyhouse cross yep?Think that junctions a bit of a nightmare in the mornings.
    If you want any opinions info on the Ballivor, pm me if you like.

Just two--Do they have decent broadband out there?And whats the area like in general??Looking at An Gleib or Parkstown.

Advertisement