Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No DSL light on Router

• 24-02-2010 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I dont suppose anybody can help with this but for the last two weeks now my DSL light has been flickering on and off. Sometimes I will get a connection to the net for about 10 mins and then its gone again.

I'm based in Lucan and there is an Eircom Exchange at the bottom of my road (about 100 meters).

I have Eircom Broad Band 7MB and it was working fine up until two weeks ago when eircom started "upgrading".

Eircom have said they are upgrading the lines in the area and this will be until the end of Feb is there anything I can do to get a connection.

My cousin usually looks after my home network for me but he is away on holidays and I dont want to ring him and run up a roaming bill.

Is there any thing I can do in the settings to get things going even in the short term?

Thanks,

Jay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If eircom have disconnected you at the exchange, then there's nothing you can do. Only eircom can help you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

have you tried turning it off and then on again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

jor el wrote: »
    If eircom have disconnected you at the exchange, then there's nothing you can do. Only eircom can help you here.

+1 Nothing anyone can do for you outside of errorcom in this situation just gotta ride it out and try and get a refund for down time, it's unlikely though they're scumbags to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭j14

Pot wrote:
    have you tried turning it off and then on again

I've done it hundreds of times. I even tried the patented "plug everything out plug it all back in again" routine.

I took photos of all the connections before I removed the cables so I would know where they go back to, I'm smart me!

Thanks for the replies but it looks like I'll have to get in touch with Eircom again and see what the hell is going on with my connection.

From a perfectly happy customer to a no service customer in two weeks,
    Genious!

Advertisement