Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding in Cork

Options
  • 24-02-2010 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Would anybody be able to point me towards statistical figures for flooding in Cork city(particularly the centre) over the 20th century? I tried the opw and they sent me to leecframs.ie, which only deals with 2009 and the expected flooding in the future which is quite scary, due to increased intervention by people. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Moved from Green Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

fez22 wrote: »
    Would anybody be able to point me towards statistical figures for flooding in Cork city(particularly the centre) over the 20th century? I tried the opw and they sent me to leecframs.ie, which only deals with 2009 and the expected flooding in the future which is quite scary, due to increased intervention by people. thanks

I assume you are a student?

You could check out a thesis by Kieran Hickey "A climatological history of flooding in Cork city centre". Off the top of my head its 1989 and will be in UCC library.

There is also a follow up paper by Tyrrell and Hickey (1991) in Irish Geography "A flood chronology for Cork City and its climatological background". Irish Geography, Vol. 24(2), pp. 81-90.

Need any more info just ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Galliard

Anyone see Prime Time on the flood last night?

Advertisement