Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Forza 3 beginners online

• 24-02-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,

I'm new to boards.ie and I'm hoping to find some people to race against in Forza 3. I have only been playing Forza for a short while and find that when I use matchmaking I can't compete with the other players. So is anyone who isn't an expert up for some races? I play with braking line, traction control and automatic gears (hard difficulty). Any takers?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I would love to but I only have Forza 2. And I too also find that when I play it online I get owned also. Its an easy game to play and a hard game to master.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tifosi 1

Hi. I'm in a similar situation. I love Forza but when i go online i get really furstrated that i can't compete. If you'd like to have some races i'd be well up for it.

XBgtag = Tifosi No1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

I'd be interested. I never really played Forza 3 online as I get a thrashed all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Add me DualBladez. I dont have a Gold account atm but should soon. Im not amazing either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

if i find the game cheap, ill be in too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Count me in. Sodcake is my tag

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

I'd be up for this but i cant access live atm,can anyone help??

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm not back in Dublin for a week and a half, but when I am, I'm up for it...

Also, we can have a league of times for offline races on specific tracks with particular classes...

Personally I race:
    Maple Valley (short and long)
    Nurenbergring (full)
    Laguna Seca

I keep it to those two in classes from B to S which makes for about a dozen different races. Thats a manageable number of races to work on your times.

Personally I dont care if you use traction control or not, or manual or automatic... each to his own and good luck to you.

Personally I drive with most things off but on automatic (cos I dont drive and I dont "get" gears :) )

So we can give that a go too if you all fancy!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I'd be up for some amiable races. Complete beginner at Forza 3 as well.

Gamertag : MKISSANE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

Plus 1, if I can get my wireless adapter sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'd be up for some n00b online action, i've always been put off!

GT: Chet T16

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Bert Halligan

Hey, Sorry I was away for a few days but I've sent friend requests to everyone who has a tag there and a working connection. Any of the others feel free to send a request to me if you get the game / sort out you're connection.

Oh and Seorg, sodcake isn't coming up as a gamertag. Hopefully see ye in a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Hey, Sorry I was away for a few days but I've sent friend requests to everyone who has a tag there and a working connection. Any of the others feel free to send a request to me if you get the game / sort out you're connection.

Oh and Seorg, sodcake isn't coming up as a gamertag. Hopefully see ye in a bit.

Ooops sorry Bert it's Sodacake

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm up for this too, the couple of friends I play regularly against are a couple of classes ahead of me and so it's no fun. Gamertag: Shiminay

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

would be up for this also
    tag: Minervaman

anybody on now
    just got set up
    my tag is martind3196

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

will be on for a shortwhile tag: minervaman

thanks lightning

can any1 find me, i'm kinda clueless here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I'm in

We should pick a date, a class, a standard car and the track (Laguna Seca or Tsukuba plz)

Get on for a few races

I personally play with all aides off because I like the simulation feel. 2 is better than 3 for this but that's an aside

I've never raced against others but I enjoy hot lapping so while I am capable of reasonable times I would probably fail miserably when it comes to racing with other real players

Vegeta wrote: »
    I'm in

We should pick a date, a class, a standard car and the track (Laguna Seca or Tsukuba plz)

Get on for a few races

I personally play with all aides off because I like the simulation feel. 2 is better than 3 for this but that's an aside

I've never raced against others but I enjoy hot lapping so while I am capable of reasonable times I would probably fail miserably when it comes to racing with other real players
    find me martind3196

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    +1 Dont allow modded cars and stick to the lower classes like the C class which make it easier and more enjoyable. If the racing is really messy you can turn off collisions until everybody gets used to pack racing.
    are we going on this or what?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I like the idea of hotlapping because it means we dont all have to be online at the same time to race... what we need is a leaderboard! (can we form some sort of group in XBL to use their leaderboard system?)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

DeVore wrote: »
    I like the idea of hotlapping because it means we dont all have to be online at the same time to race... what we need is a leaderboard! (can we form some sort of group in XBL to use their leaderboard system?)

DeV.

what everyone could do is run the weekly time trial and as long as your all on each others friends list you can compare times easily. theres 2 different time trials this week but i think its usually 1 a week.

Or we can set our own trial-of-the-week.

Why standard cars though? Personally I think thats a big part of it, picking your favourite car and modding it just to how you like it... its part of the skill of the game as much as taking corners is imho...

I would agree with no DLC cars or special cars but I think everyone will have an A class car they have done up ... no?

DeV.

Standard cars is a terrible idea imo, part of the fun is upgrading and tweaking the car to a course or for a specific type of race. If you're lazy, just download a popular tweak pack :)

As for no DLC cars, I call shenanigans - the game isn't set up so that the DLC stuff is inherently "better." Most of the cars that have been offered are premium and /or collectors cars but almost any other car in it's class will be competitive against them.

Kharn wrote: »
    Standard cars is a terrible idea imo, part of the fun is upgrading and tweaking the car to a course or for a specific type of race. If you're lazy, just download a popular tweak pack :).

I've no problem with using modified cars as long as everyone is using the same modified car with the same set-up.

You are right though part of the fun is upgrading and tweaking the cars for different tracks but we are competing against each other here and keeping the car standard, or using the same modified car, directly compares driving skill as opposed to driver skill + tuning skill.

We could have classes though (modified or stock) :D

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

I'll fire up the 360 tonight and see how the leader board works for hot lapping

It would be great if we picked a class and track and could filter it by friends and see who is leading or coming second etc etc

I would still love a bit of door to door, rubbing is racing action though with fellow boards members. So we could have one of them the odd time too I'd hope

Well I'll tell ye what, hows about we do both? :D

We can do hot-laps with stock and a personally tweaked version of the same car. There's a great opportunity to discuss and learn about the tweaking by comparing how well each other gets on and then we all get better as a group :)

I'd hate for it all to be come serious business, it's about having some fun and going for a spin in cars we'll never be able to afford (or afford to race and crash the way I do :p).

On an aside - I love how Trials HD does it's leaderboard thing, if Forza had something similar, that'd be awesome :)

Kharn wrote: »
    Well I'll tell ye what, hows about we do both? :D

We can do hot-laps with stock and a personally tweaked version of the same car. There's a great opportunity to discuss and learn about the tweaking by comparing how well each other gets on and then we all get better as a group :)

I'd hate for it all to be come serious business, it's about having some fun and going for a spin in cars we'll never be able to afford (or afford to race and crash the way I do :p).

On an aside - I love how Trials HD does it's leaderboard thing, if Forza had something similar, that'd be awesome :)

Full of good ideas, this post is.

• Advertisement

I've been known to have a few every now and again ;)

There's also the Boards "Design a car" competition that we kicked around an idea for before. I'm sure I can find a prize of some description here in the office for it too :)

Advertisement