Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Forza 3 beginners online

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Kharn wrote: »

On an aside - I love how Trials HD does it's leaderboard thing, if Forza had something similar, that'd be awesome :)

on forza you can sort by friends and favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Ok the leaderboards are pretty sweet:

My gamertag is HyruleField

So for the 1st Hot Lap Boards Challenge how about

Track: Tsukuba Full
    Class allowable: B
    Restrictions: None

It's an easy enough track to get used to and learn off and at around 1 minute it isn't too painful if mistakes are made.

I have a time of 01:01:392 in a highly modified Seat Leon SC which ranks in at B471. It's a top 7% time now but was in top 2% when I did it. Seems the most popular car for this class is the Fairlady Z '69. All top 10 cars are this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Do we have to sign up to a leaderboard or anything or just work away and post our times here?
    My GT is faloonzer anyway.

How bout following this format

Player: HyruleField
    Car: Modified Seat Leon SC B471
    Time: 01:01:392

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I'd be well up for that! Add me GT: gregGH91

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sounds awesome, the only problem is that I have as yet, not got an Xbox here in Malta... I'm home on Tuesday...

Top 2% is pretty awesome vegeta... cant wait to try it.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Also, simply get a tweak pack from the online shop, most are 0 Forzabucks anyway and they are good. I'll upload any tweaks I do on my cars for us to share and I'm sure others will too (not that you really want to be using my downforce laden tweaks... :) )

Its really easy to download them and apply them, it does it all for you, even buying the parts and applying them. I've gotten so lazy I rarely tweak my own now :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Player: Rakanisheu
    Car: Modified Lotus Exige
    Time: 01:00:038
    If you want to hook me up with a set-up for the Lotus Exige Cup feel free. :)

So far..
    Player: faloonzer
    Car: Modified Lotus Exige Cup (Auto-Upgrade)
    Time: 01:00:516

Time: 01:00:038

Nice

I assume the car is B500

Ya see already I wish the cars were standard as I'd love to get in the exact same car with the exact same set up and try and beat this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭zero86r

I like the idea of using standard cars, it's more down to driving skill than using one of those tunes in a car everyone uses for hot lapping.

• Advertisement

zero86r wrote: »
    I like the idea of using standard cars, it's more down to driving skill than using one of those tunes in a car everyone uses for hot lapping.

Yeah I am thinking the same. Sure it's cool to have no restrictions but now I wish I could get in the same car as Lightning and Amacachi and have a go at their time.

I was driving a car last night and new if I altered the gear ratio, to suit the maximum straight on Tsukuba and if I tweaked the caster and toe to make it turn in a bit better, I would definitely beat my time above. (Setup was locked by the original seller though)

Car: Modified Subaru Impreza
    Time: 00:59:693

That's a smoking time

Player: GRT brianplank
    Car: honda s2000 (B500)
    Time: 00:59:237

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

I'm in too my gt is christy cent

Ill play anything and am usually on 4 or 5 evenings a week

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Bert Halligan

A fair whack behind the other times but here's mine for what it's worth.

Player: Bert Halligan
    Time: 01:02.630

Player: GRT brianplank
    Car: Mugen Integra (B500)
    Time: 00:58.861

Ok I think we need to pick a standard car in B or C Class an all have a crack with that car.

Mainly because I have no money now to buy and tune a car :D

I'm seriously impressed by your times lads

I'm not at home at the moment but when I get home later I'll look for a car that's suitable and maybe we could all use that.

Or if anyone has a preference for a car in B or C lets hear it and we'll try that.

Vegeta wrote: »
    Ok I think we need to pick a standard car in B or C Class an all have a crack with that car.

Mainly because I have no money now to buy and tune a car :D

I'm seriously impressed by your times lads

I'm not at home at the moment but when I get home later I'll look for a car that's suitable and maybe we could all use that.

Or if anyone has a preference for a car in B or C lets hear it and we'll try that.

+1. if its one standard car theres a better chance of getting a few more people to run it. tuning isn't for everyone so its the fairest way.

Or the tuners can release their tune ups for free and unlocked, which is what I intend to do. Then people can simply apply mine and go, and it leads them gently into a really interesting (to me and others and possibly them too) area of the game.

If not, they can still simply apply the tune up setup file and go, it takes like 5 seconds to do :)

DeV.

I do agree with you in a way that people can compare Standard car times too... provided people declare their cars as Standard (as we have been doing) which will give us the best of 3 worlds! (I hope).

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    Or the tuners can release their tune ups for free and unlocked, which is what I intend to do. Then people can simply apply mine and go, and it leads them gently into a really interesting (to me and others and possibly them too) area of the game.

If not, they can still simply apply the tune up setup file and go, it takes like 5 seconds to do :)

DeV.

i was actually going to put up the 2 cars i used so far yesterday but thought no one would be bothered :). i'll put them up for free and if anyone wants them gifted (unlocked) they'll have to send a FR.

Hey, just back and I wanted to get stuck into this...

But I have a dumb question... are we allowing rewinds or not? I am guessing not but then it is a beginners thread I guess...

DeV.

your fastest lap should be certified to make it fair. rewinding to get a perfect lap is a bit pointless, even more so for a beginner because its all about putting a perfect run together.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

add me too please gt is metalgear2k2

Advertisement