Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart problems

• 24-02-2010 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

nope - my connection has been pretty solid - had it installed for the last 3 years

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Iolar wrote: »
    Hi,anyone else dropping connection problems from time to time?

Are you using wireless? Have you checked to see if it is the wireless thats dropping or your internet?

Have you checked your snr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Am not on the Avalon Exchange.........

But for what its worth - My Smart Connection has been dropping since they were taken over by the Umbrella Corporation.

- Kicked off a download earlier tonight and since I've been seeing more spikes than an Amsterdam Needle Exchange Program.

Anyone recommend the next best ISP in line now that Smart has started fcuking over its old, established client base?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I moved from Smart to UPC, in Limerick. Works great for me. Games, downloads, etc. On 20Mbps, usually get around 10Mb+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It seems incredible that a company buys Smart, which for all its problems, really was unique particularly for the customer service it offered through its forum and the quality of its connection and then goes and does away with the very qualities that attracted customers to it in the first place. They have brought nothing at all to Smart except the ability to get rid of loyal customers and an extraordinary lack of cop on.

What do these idiots be thinking of at all?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

The quality of my Smart service seems to have noticeably dropped, with frustratingly regular timeouts / minor connection issues.

For example, if I was loading a popular website, the site may give the message - site not found - then when I refresh - it would load fine - sometimes with a connection lag.

I've got a wired connection all the way - so this is annoying.

One note - whenever I call Smart - they seem to be able to reset the voltage on their side - which immediately boosts the speed / service... but overtime it then seems reverts to the way it was before.

Advertisement