Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum gym reopened?

Options
  • 24-02-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

Apparently there is an outfit called "Rock fitness" just opened there in the old dundrum gym building. Only noticed this last Saturday. Are they the same crowd but just a new name?

The old gym was without a doubt the best gym I ever attended - no pool but great staff.

Probably the worst possible time to open a new gym with the recession. I mean Jackie Skellys is in trouble and all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

As far as I know, it is a different company than originally ran it. From what I have heard, it is nice though, and I will head down sometime this week for a look around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Dundrum gym was the first gym I ever joined and I still remember it fondly. It wasn't huge and didn't have a pool (hardly matters as I can't swim) but the staff were so friendly. I'm in a different gym now and some of the staff are up their own arses.

The one's in Dundrum gym were really cool and friendly though. I think it was originally a family run business but I heard the owner or something became sick which was sad to hear.

I still remember one day being in Dundrum gym and I was standing looking through the box for my membership card. I had my back to the stairs and one of the trainers came down the stairs. I didn't even notice him there and he could easily have walked past and said nothing and I'd not have seen him but instead he goes "Hey grandmaster, how's it going, new haircut" (I'd just shaved my head). That kind of personal touch is nice I find.

It really was a cool wee gym. I really liked it.

Advertisement