Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tikka t3 lite stainless .223 3x9x50 scope ????

Options
  • 24-02-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi there, I am looking for some advice. I am looking at a second hand Tikka T3 lite stainless with 3x9x50 hawke scope and bypod.

It seems a good deal price wise

Any advice on the scope would be great,

I don't know to much about scopes is it a good scope, and does it suit the type of rifle, I would be doing a lot of fox shooting.
    The gun dealer is a nice chap but hard to drag info out of him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

I have the .223 lite with the same scope bought it as a kit off my dealer, the only reason i tuck the scope was because funds were tight and to be honest it is OK but i wouldn't buy one again for a 223.
    A friend bought the same rifle without the scope and bought a Zeiss to go on top and it is a far better job especially in low light.
    I'm saving hard at the minute to buy a good scope as i hope to use it mainly at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Get the rifle and bi-pod dump the scope. end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

Thanks for the advice greenpeter Im in the same situation you were as reguards funds and it is a gun/scope/bipod kit.
    how do you find the .223 anyway.
    What ammo do you feed it.

pejay wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice greenpeter Im in the same situation you were as reguards funds and it is a gun/scope/bipod kit.
    how do you find the .223 anyway.
    What ammo do you feed it.
    If funds are low it will get you shooting or just keep saving and look at the gun in the safe:mad:
    I'm using America eagle 55g cheap and cheerful just to get the hang of the gun and they are great for Grey's and magpies, they shoot very well from my gun will probably use horndy on the foxes. From reading on here they seam to be the job on a fox.
    I love the gun cant fault it so far but then again i only put about 300 rounds down the barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I'm using America eagle 55g cheap and cheerful at €11.50 - €13.50 a box.
    And good for shooting the foxes, never heard one complain about them yet.:D
    I'm getting touching groups @100m off the bench.

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    I'm using America eagle 55g cheap and cheerful at €11.50 - €13.50 a box.
    And good for shooting the foxes, never heard one complain about tham yet.:D
    I'm getting touching groups @100m off the bench.
    I'l keep feeding them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

Thanks lads, thats a great bit of advice.

Any more gems of wisdom please pass them on.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bigdogfox

hi guys,

i would have to agree that the scope is a bit sub-standered for the gun,youd be right to start putting the few quid away and it will be worth the wait,you'll reep the benifits of a decent scope,i bougth a new swift premier 6-24x50 for my remington .223 and after testing it in all kinds of light im very impressed with it
    i also use 50g american eagle for foxing even though their designed for targets but they do the job for me as well as any ballistic thats double the price of them..

Advertisement