Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 2 DLC

Options
  • 24-02-2010 2:57pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

I had a quick search to see if there was already a thread on this, but didn't see it. Was wondering if anyone's downloaded any of the DLC for Assassins Creed 2?

I downloaded the Sequence 12 / Battle of Forli stuff last night whilst playing through the
    Auditore family tomb
    mission that my Ubisoft points unlocked, but hadn't a chance to play it. Seems like it didn't get massively favourable reviews though - rough around the edges being the overall impression I get from having read stuff. I always figured there had to be more stuff to do in Forli, but I was glad to be out of it, what a dump! :)

There's also the newer release: Sequence 13 / Bonfire of the Vanities and the option to get it with some secret Templar locations that were included in the collectors edition of the game which is nice. I hate being punished for not having bought the souparrr dupe-arrr edition of a game. I'm not sure if I want to splash on all of it or not, what are people's opinions on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Haven't picked these up myself. Want to wait until they are a bundle and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i was gonna get them both and probably will sometime but im not really pushed now. going from what i've read it doesn't add anything new to game (story wise) and is not essential. also Bonfire of the Vanities is supposed to have problems with audio during cut scenes with bad lip syncing and missing audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Apparently its just more of the same, and doesn't really add much to the story. I think people are still incensed about paying for something that was seeming cut from the main game anyway.

Out of the two, I think the Bonfire of the Vanities sounds like a better prospect. It includes a new area that was cordonned off the original game, and if you pay the extra 200 points, you can get the two extra templar locations (which were a highlight for me in the main game). Shame that the only reward for finishing them is
    some money, which is pretty useless if you've finished the main game

Also there are no achievements for the DLC, which might have tipped the scales in its favour. As it stands, its hard to justify the €10 or whatever it costs for both DLCs + the templar locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Agree with you there Mr. E . A lot of games now come with a dlc code in the box to get this kind of thing to encourage you to buy a new as opposed to 2nd hand game, which is really what ubisoft should have done here.

Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age are 2 that come to mind that have done this recently.

Much as I loved AS2 no way I'd cough up for stuff that was cut from the game. Either it was cut becasue it wasnt good enough or was held back to milk me of my last pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I got the Black Edition; the Templar locations aren't really worth it. You play through a short indoor area and find a box of money at the end, they take about 20 minutes each.

I haven't played either DLC yet, but I've downloaded them. There's no rush, especially without achievements!. I've heard the Battle of Forli is more combat-oriented, while the Bonfire of the Vanities is more like the rest of the game.

Interestingly, it features
    Machiavelli
    pretty heavily. I'm writing a paper on him...maybe I could justify it as research?! I'm gonna try to mention AC2 in the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Otacon wrote: »
    Haven't picked these up myself. Want to wait until they are a bundle and cheaper.

Same here. Assassins creed is good, but I can definately wait for cheaper/free dlc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, I was sitting there last night thinking "you know what, I'm gonna be huming and hawing about buying this for a week or two, and will probably end up buying it anyway" so I did :) Had a quick bounce around Forli, did a couple of Assassination sub-missions to get me back up to speed so to speak and
    flying around on Leonardo's glider was a lot more fun than the main storyline mission

I'll probably get properly stuck into it next week when I have some more time.
    Mr. K wrote: »
    Interestingly, it features
    Machiavelli
    pretty heavily. I'm writing a paper on him...maybe I could justify it as research?! I'm gonna try to mention AC2 in the paper.
    It'd probably be interesting to reference how his influence can be seen even in pop culture such as games like AC2 and question the percieved differences between the man and the mythos that's built up around him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Kharn wrote: »
    It'd probably be interesting to reference how his influence can be seen even in pop culture such as games like AC2 and question the percieved differences between the man and the mythos that's built up around him :)

That's pretty much it, yeah! It's nice to have a few contemporary sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr E wrote: »
    Apparently its just more of the same, and doesn't really add much to the story.

Oh how wrong you are, You actually find out how you grew that beard!! I heard that anyway, I bought first DLC but can't splash out on more cuz developers admitted, they didn't have time to put these sequences into final game before release!.

I have better things to spend my money on....Like Heavy Rain!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

hey guys, glad theres a tread here cause im pretty confused.
    first of all il add the the bonfire of vanities is awesome, didnt even notice any glitches and the assassination missions are v.good, a few very testing (i nearly through the PS3 out the window on several occasions!) good luck with the boat one and the farmer one!
    And your hardly breaking the bank for the extra's although for principal reasons i do agree that it should have been included.

Anyway, guys ive already completed the game, got most my trophies and was understood to believe that if i log onto u-play a could access the auditore tomb, but i cant. so ive started the game again, but because ive already got the majority of trophies from the first time i played i dont seem to be pickin them up second time round, so am i not picking up points? when i go onto u-play i can only access 2 of the 4 or 5 screens, with the rest of them like ''shop'' says coming soon.

Anybody help me out here?

• Advertisement
Advertisement