Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting involved in the stock market

Options
  • 24-02-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi all,

was thinking of trying to take control of my own finances and maybe get into the stock market but im a complete newcomer!!

does anyone have any ideas as to how id get started?

eg what do i have to do to start buying shares etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

look at the sticky dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Daver2009

Would you be interested in starting an investment club which would allow people to join together to discuss investment options. You can also easily open accounts with most of the common brokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

An interesting article was published in the Financial Times at the weekend.

It said that in the current investment climate the better and more profitable investment decisions are now being made from technical analysis (chart-watching) rather than fundamentals. It compared the change in approach as like going from astrology to astronomy.

I strongly agree with this view, it's the most important investment information I have come across this year given that I am someone who makes their estimates based on fundamentals, I'm certain now that I'm not going to have the technical analysis skills to even try to invest so I'm staying out til this changes- as I have been so far this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pennyman

Penny stocks prove good for first time investors who would like to study the trends of the market and invest a small amount of money when they enter the market

Advertisement