Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nue Blue Eriu

• 24-02-2010 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi there,

I know Nue Blue Eriu has closed down but i'm just wondering are any of the girls who used to work there setting up their own business or doing treatments at home??? I found the girls there really good and would be interested in getting treatments done from them directly.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

I used to work in Nue Blue Eriu..if you want to PM me I can give you details about where the girls are now etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭irishhigh

Hi there,

I know Nue Blue Eriu has closed down but i'm just wondering are any of the girls who used to work there setting up their own business or doing treatments at home??? I found the girls there really good and would be interested in getting treatments done from them directly.

thanks
    I'm not surprised they have closed down. I had a very bad experiences there about 5 years ago and I never went back. Don't get me wrong nearly all of the girls where lovely and helpful but this one girl with major issues turned up 20 mins late for my wax appointment (She was coming from her lunch break and to be fair her boss did pull her up on it), she was is foul form....I told her I was having a Brazilian wax and she said sharply " so you have a boyfriend then!"... I replied no, as I didn't and she started ranting on and giving out why was I bothering to have it done then... All men are D**Ks etc.... She just seemed really unstable.
    The worst part was when she started to do the wax, she was so rough with me that she tore my skin and I had a huge Haematoma beside where she tore. She freaked out when she saw all the blood but started saying it was all my fault. I had been having my wax done for years and nothing like that ever happened. I had to go to A+E and then have regular appointments with a dermatologist because of the scald and the ripped skin.

To be fair the salon did pay for my medical bills and pain and suffering with out me even having to ask. A few years later when I got the nerve to have it done again, My friend came with me to Urban Wax, when I got on the table I got upset and told the girl what had happened before and I was terrifide. She nearly dropped! She said that she knew who I was talking about as she used to work another salon along with her years ago and she was really unstable, when she was fired she was sending abusive messages to staff:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

oh god what a terrible experience, I also heard a few complaints about waxes there from friends, which I found strange considering they were so expensive!

Theres info about reopening on the beaut.ie forums, according to the info, they are reopening one shop in the summer, and reopening the online store soon, i have loads of friends with vouchers that will be happy to hear that!

http://beaut.ie/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1066&start=50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭irishhigh

becah wrote: »
    oh god what a terrible experience, I also heard a few complaints about waxes there from friends, which I found strange considering they were so expensive!

Theres info about reopening on the beaut.ie forums, according to the info, they are reopening one shop in the summer, and reopening the online store soon, i have loads of friends with vouchers that will be happy to hear that!

http://beaut.ie/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1066&start=50
    I can't say anything bad about the salon it's self because they dealt with the situation very well and I didn't have to chase them. It's not there fault they had a total freak working for them, so I really hope that they do well come the summer. I'd pop in again for cosmetics and stuff but never a wax. I wonder where the woman who did it to me is now:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Yes in fairness, they did handle it quite well, but I wonder what are they doing having such a person working for them in the first place?
    Especially when you're paying top dollar for a service, its not acceptable.

I personally have never been waxed there, but I have heard from friends in the past the you're better off going to Brasilia or Urban Wax, they were all much happier with the service in those other places.

I do hope that it reopens, I thought it was great for niche beauty brands and was a nice addition to the city centre retail mix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement