Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm only getting faster!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

I was feeling good about this race as i had put in plenty of training for it. Decided to go out at 6:40 pace and see how i go. Felt great throughout the race. With about a mile to go my lace totally opened and i had to stop to tie it, lost a bit of time here and never really got back into my rhythm again. Very happy with the race. A P.B by 10 minutes.

RaceSplits

1 00:06:32
    2 00:06:34
    3 00:06:47
    4 00:06:45
    5 00:06:32
    6 00:06:25
    7 00:06:45
    8 00:06:55
    9 00:07:11
    10 00:06:39
    11 00:00:22

1:07:32

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Good run, your chip time is actually 6 seconds ahead of me. Keep the shoelaces tied next time and you'll be tough to beat :p.

It should be a good race between the two of us in the Half Marathon. Well done on Saturday. You had a great finish!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

good running but your still no good at swingball ;)

Monday 23rd

8 miles very slow. Legs felt very tired so took it nice and handy.

8 miles, Clongriffin to Bull Island and back, 1:09:52

Tuesday 24th

I was down for a 10 mile fartlek today but had to change it till tomorrow as i hadn't got enough time to do it before work. Went out for a fastish 5 miles around Father collins park.

5 miles, Father Collins Park, 36:12

• Advertisement

Wednesday 25th

Leg still really tired so decided to skip the fartlek session and just go out and do a slow run. Went out to Malahide castle and did 10 miles on grass. Took it very handy. Feel totally wrecked now.

9.87 miles, 1:26:47, 8:46 avg pace

Thursday 26th

Went out for a slow 10 miles today. Found the session easy enough. Ran out to Malahide castle and met up with a friend for 3 miles and then ran back. 10 again tomorrow followed by 20 on saturday morning. That should be 63 miles this week. Very happy with training at the moment. Should be able for 1 hour 27/28 minutes in the Half marathon in 3 weeks.

Time: 01:31:07
    Distance: 10.37 mi

Saturday 28th

20 mile today. Went out at 7:30 am and Kept the pace slow. Only went through 2 gels, 1 bottle of water and a capri sun(my new best friend). Managed the entire run with no major problems.

20 miles, 2 hours 53 mins

I haven't run since Saturdays 20 mile as my left Calf has been really sore. Dont think it is anything serious but gonna rest it for the week and get back into some light training next Monday. Probably wont be racing the Half marathon but will use it as a training run. Will go see a Physio if its not any better by Friday. :mad:

Haven't really ran since my 20 mile run last week as i had pain in my right Calf. Turned out to be just a strain. Was told to take two week off fast and long runs. I did get out on Monday but it was short lived as i had to stop after 4 miles. The leg has been feeling fine over the last few days so decided to get out again today.

Thursday 9th

Managed a 7.5 mile run with no pain at all. Delighted with that. Did plenty of stretching before and after. I will take it easy till the end of the week and might try a SLR on Sunday. Should be ok for the Half Marathon .

7.5 mile, Malahide castle, 62:01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I'll (hopefully) be heading out with the club 8am on Sunday, c'mon down if you want some company. Given my track record though, if I see something shiny on Saturday there are no guarantees of my attendance!

Thanks for the offer, let me know if you are going and ill join in. How far will you be doing?

Sunday 12th

Felt really tired today as i headed out for a 20 miler. Never really got into this run. At mile 5 i was thinking about turning back and leaving it for the day. I kept going and managed a respectable 18.5 miles. Didn't enjoy any of this run, legs where tired, feet where sore and i had a headache. Feckin wrecked but really glad i lasted the distance. On a plus, there was no problems with the right calf.

18.48 miles, 2:38:00, avg pace 08:33.

Good to see you're back. You still running the half this weekend?

Yeah i'll give it a bash alright. Probably just run it at Marathon pace. How you fixed??

foleyalan wrote: »
    Yeah i'll give it a bash alright. Probably just run it at Marathon pace. How you fixed??

Just gonna do it in 1'40 ish, It seems a bit foolish to do it flat out after the injury from the 10. I bet we'll be racing each other over the last mile!

Wednesday 15th

Just went out for a slow 5 miles. Legs still very tired after Sundays long run. Right calf was a little tight but no pain at all.

5 miles, Malahide Castle, 46:17

Thursday 16th

Legs where tired today but managed to finish 10 miles fairly comfortable. Did plenty of stretching afterwards. Might go out for a slow 5 tomorrow before the Half Marathon on Saturday.

10 miles, Malahide , 1:25:09

Friday 17th

Went out for a very short 2.5 mile run. Ran most of it fairly slow, introduced a few 100m strides @ 7 minute pace. No problems with the leg. Used foam roller before and after. Should be ok for a 1:35 tomorrow.

2.5 miles with strides, Malahide Castle, 19:43

As the leg was feeling good over the past few days i decided to go for a PB today. I ran 96:something last year so i knew i would be good for a PB. Everything was going good, i was keeping a steady 6:45 pace and was looking good for 88 minutes. Unfortunately i felt my right calf go tight just past 11 miles. I decided to sit back on the pace a bit. The 90 minute pacers caught me at 12 miles and i tried to hang onto them but the legs where dead. Finished in 90:58. Delighted with that. My god my legs are sore today!! Roll on Dublin .

As the leg was feeling good over the past few days i decided to go for a PB today. I ran 96:something last year so i knew i would be good for a PB. Everything was going good, i was keeping a steady 6:45 pace and was looking good for 88 minutes. Unfortunately i felt my right calf go tight just past 11 miles. I decided to sit back on the pace a bit. The 90 minute pacers caught me at 12 miles and i tried to hang onto them but the legs where dead. Finished in 90:58. Delighted with that. My god my legs are sore today!! Roll on Dublin .

Smart move holding back from the 11 mile mark no point getting injured in the half, looking good for a PB come the Marathon, you can break the 90min for the half before christmas if your coming down ?

• Advertisement

Coming down where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Coming down where?

ha ha I love it. It seems you have been signed up for the Waterford half if you like it or not!

ha ha I love it. It seems you have been signed up for the Waterford half if you like it or not!

Yep waterford it is :).
    Not too bad for a day trip or even an over night coming down too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

shels4ever wrote: »
    Yep waterford it is :).
    Not too bad for a day trip or even an over night coming down too?

Hopefully

Hopefully

Need to scout out a sourse for Baveria down there then ;)

Looks like that alright, will try and get down for a day trip alright.

Looks like that alright, will try and get down for a day trip alright.

Thats our rematch so. Dublins not a fair fight.

Its officially in the dairy. "Beat Brian in Half Marathon" Dec 11th 2010 :D

Its officially in the dairyDiary . "Beat Brian in Half Marathon" Dec 11th 2010 :D

Tuesday 21st]

Just went out for a 30 minute run this morning. Legs still very sore after Saturdays run.

4 miles, Malahide castle, 30mins

• Advertisement

Wednesday 23rd

9 miles today, ran from Clongriffin to howth. Kept it slowish. Legs feeling much better today. I cant believe there is only 3 more long runs left before the marathon. Im down for a 22 this Saturday, Company welcome as my running buddy is injured. Heading out around 8am. Shels?

Advertisement