Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm only getting faster!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

foleyalan wrote: »
    Wednesday 23rd

9 miles today, ran from Clongriffin to howth. Kept it slowish. Legs feeling much better today. I cant believe there is only 3 more long runs left before the marathon. Im down for a 22 this Saturday, Company welcome as my running buddy is injured. Heading out around 8am. Shels?

will let you know on Friaday might be doing a race on sat but will let you know, long run for me wil only be 12 miles this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Wednesday 23rd

9 miles today, ran from Clongriffin to howth. Kept it slowish. Legs feeling much better today. I cant believe there is only 3 more long runs left before the marathon. Im down for a 22 this Saturday, Company welcome as my running buddy is injured. Heading out around 8am. Shels?

Get yourself down to the Shamrocks clubhouse. I may be recovering in a dark corner somewhere, but there'll be plenty of people going out for 20s. See my log for last week's route, it'll be similar. Just be careful not to get caught out at the head of the pack, they start out slow but....

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

Thanks Brian, ill pop down Saturday morning so. What time they go out on Saturdays? Thanks again.

Thanks Brian, ill pop down Saturday morning so. What time they go out on Saturdays? Thanks again.

ah, sorry - LSRs are Sunday @ 8am. Saturday @ 1030 is intervals in St Anne's Park, meet near the big kids playground. Usually 1m loops

Thursday 23rd

7.5 miles today nice and easy. Kept it at 8.30 pace . Ran in my old pair of ascis today and they felt so nice to run in. Im finding of late that my Kayano 16's are hurting my feet. Might just run the marathon in my old pair and get a new pair for christmas.

7.5 miles, Malahide castle, 1hr 3 mins

• Advertisement

I could meet you in malahide on Sat and do 10-12 miles with you , would like to try to keep it to grass if possible. Would you go back out to malahide , or we could loop around St annes ?

shels4ever wrote: »
    I could meet you in malahide on Sat and do 10-12 miles with you , would like to try to keep it to grass if possible. Would you go back out to malahide , or we could loop around St annes ?

Yeah Malahide would be good, ill do a 10 miler before i meet you. Meet you there at 9:30?

Yeah Malahide would be good, ill do a 10 miler before i meet you. Meet you there at 9:30?
    Yep 9:30 is perfect.

Saturday 25th

20.25 miles, ran the first 10 miles on my own and then met up with Shels for the second 10. Pace was good, managed to keep it at 8.50 pace. No problems at all. Felt good after it.

20:25 miles, Malahide, 2hr 58min 46sec .

Monday 27th, Recovery run

Just went out for a short 5 miles today. Leg felt fine after Saturdays long run. Ran all 5 miles on grass.

5 miles, Portmarnock, Hilly, 40:36

Saturday 25th

20.25 miles, ran the first 10 miles on my own and then met up with Shels for the second 10. Pace was good, managed to keep it at 8.50 pace. No problems at all. Felt good after it.

20:25 miles, Malahide, 2hr 58min 46sec .

Monday 27th, Recovery run

Just went out for a short 5 miles today. Leg felt fine after Saturdays long run. Ran all 5 miles on grass.

5 miles, Portmarnock, Hilly, 40:36
    That 20 was very easy for you , your on for a PB for sure in the Marathon once you don't go mad like last year.

Also I like the fact that I fan a faster 5 miles then you yesterday ;)

• Advertisement

Tuesday 28th

10 miles this morning in the wind and rain. Ran to howth and kept the pace at 8 minute mile. Felt comfortable, leg slightly tired.

10 miles, Howth, 1:18:54

I'm planning on a slow (pacer pace ca. 8:30 - 9:00) 20m on Sunday with a local chap and theboyblunder - likely in the Phoenix Park. Let me know if you want to come by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ardsbeg

Jus read your log there nd ur times are similiar to my trainin..was jus wondering what time/pacers you were aiming for in DCM

christeb wrote: »
    I'm planning on a slow (pacer pace ca. 8:30 - 9:00) 20m on Sunday with a local chap and theboyblunder - likely in the Phoenix Park. Let me know if you want to come by

Thanks for the invite Brian, Unfortunately i work most Sundays. I usually do all my long runs on Saturdays. Doing my last long run before the marathon this weekend (22 Miles).
    Thanks again
    Alan

Ardsbeg wrote: »
    Jus read your log there nd ur times are similiar to my trainin..was jus wondering what time/pacers you were aiming for in DCM

Hi Ardsbeg, If all goes well i hope to run with the 3:15 pacers but will be very happy with anything under 3:25. My current PB is 3:46 which i did last year in Dublin. I reckon i have it in me as i have put in the training this year. What time you thinking ?

Hi Ardsbeg, If all goes well i hope to run with the 3:15 pacers but will be very happy with anything under 3:25. My current PB is 3:46 which i did last year in Dublin. I reckon i have it in me as i have put in the training this year. What time you thinking ?

Either 3.30 or 3.45 but leaning more towards 3.30..my real worry is that its my first marathon nd first year doin any long distance running(previous was just football training nd matches) so i'm afraid i may blow up cos havent got the base milage in my legs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

3.25 should be a piece of p'iss for ya with a half time of under 91 mins if you have the endurance. sure you ll be coasting along for the first 20 even aiming for 3.20 and then picking it up.

Ardsbeg wrote: »
    Either 3.30 or 3.45 but leaning more towards 3.30..my real worry is that its my first marathon nd first year doin any long distance running(previous was just football training nd matches) so i'm afraid i may blow up cos havent got the base milage in my legs :(

That was my big mistake last year. All my long runs where to fast and i didn't do enough of them(not enough milage). I think i only did one 18 mile and one 20 mile run last year. Found myself walking at 22 miles. What sort of milage have you been doing?

kennyb3 wrote: »
    3.25 should be a piece of p'iss for ya with a half time of under 91 mins if you have the endurance. sure you ll be coasting along for the first 20 even aiming for 3.20 and then picking it up.

Thanks Kenny, i should be alright this year plenty of miles in my legs. I see you're flying too. Great Half Marathon time yourself and with so little training.

Thursday 30th

Ten miles today at Marathon pace. Decided to do it on grass which turned out to be the wrong thing to do. Plenty of mud and puddles to contend with. Anyway managed a pretty good run at 7:33 avg pace. The mile splits where a little all over the place.

1. 7:53
    2. 7:26
    3. 7:22
    4. 7:31
    5. 7:31
    6. 7:56(Had to spend a penny!)
    7. 7:26
    8. 7:23
    9. 7:26
    10:7:42

10 miles, Malahide Castle, 1:15:48

• Advertisement

Was running in the castle on Tuesday night myself and its already quite boggy and hard to keep grip on.

Good session there. Would you always do it early in the day or are you ever running around there in the evening?

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Was running in the castle on Tuesday night myself and its already quite boggy and hard to keep grip on.

Good session there. Would you always do it early in the day or are you ever running around there in the evening?

Mostly mornings as i work evenings. Much prefer running in the morning. I do get out the odd time in the evenings and run with a couple of lads i know.

Mostly mornings as i work evenings. Much prefer running in the morning. I do get out the odd time in the evenings and run with a couple of lads i know.
    Fair play, im the exact opposite, i hate the mornings. Anyway if you're ever round on a sat morning give me a shout. For example i ll prob do 13-15m on sat morning around 11 @ 8 - 8.30 m/m

Ill be out that way this Saturday. Ill be doing a 22 miler but might be meeting Shels for the last 10 in the castle if he is around this weekend?. You are more than welcome to join in. Pace will be in and around 8:45/9 minute .

Ill be out that way this Saturday. Ill be doing a 22 miler but might be meeting Shels for the last 10 in the castle if he is around this weekend?. You are more than welcome to join in. Pace will be in and around 8:45/9 minute .

Yep I'll be out for 12 miles this weekend, if your running faster i can let you go as your planning marathon pace?

Cool sure let me know what time and where exactly you's are meeting and i ll try make it along. I ll be out between half 10 and 11 id imagine anyway.

Meeting Shels at 9:30 in the Car park at the main entrance (Garden centre side). Shels drives a Silver Reno megane.(have you met him before?).

That was my big mistake last year. All my long runs where to fast and i didn't do enough of them(not enough milage). I think i only did one 18 mile and one 20 mile run last year. Found myself walking at 22 miles. What sort of milage have you been doing?

My lsr's were origanally too fast but i have slowed them down. + 45secs -60secs above PMP now..done 14,16,18 nd was jus out this mornin for second 20 [14m*9m/m + 6m* 8m/m][Actual time was 126mins + 51mins]. Blaming my 8m/m failure atttempt on not havin a pacer/running mate wit me nd running into a horrible head wind for a mile ouch :eek: Overall milage since i begun is bout 500-550miles (not a lot i know)
    what pace did u go for at last years DCM.

Meeting Shels at 9:30 in the Car park at the main entrance (Garden centre side). Shels drives a Silver Reno megane.(have you met him before?).
    Im unlikely to get out quite that early, so if i aint there fire away and i ll probably try and find you a bit later. I ll be in a blue DCM t shirt and blue shorts just so you know.

• Advertisement

Sorry that i missed ya's only made it out of bed now so heading out bit later. Some other time.

Advertisement