Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronnie Walsh-Legend RIP

• 24-02-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Just back from the funeral of Ronnie Walsh in Tullamore.
    The turn out was fantastic and showed how popular he was.
    Ronnies death was very sudden and tragic and he will be sadly missed.
    Rest in peace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Theoffalyman

I'm shocked - I didn't know he died! I went to school with him as well as playing football with him. He was a true gent.

How did he die?
    May he rest in peace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

There is a facebook page set up in his memory if ye want to leave a message.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=322049253282&ref=nf

I was at the funeral too, so sad, he really was known and liked by everyone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Ronnie was a ray of sunshine in Tullamore. Won't be the same anymore in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Laoisman67

Ronnie was without doubt the warmest kindest most genuine soul Offaly has ever produced. The masses at the removal, the huge funeral, the businesses closed and all the staff lining the route through town for his internment has never been seen before.
    It would appear ronnie died from a form of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome. We all assumed since it seemed he died in his sleep it was a massive heart attack but I think that was ruled out. Thankfully he doesnt seem to have suffered. I havent seen a town so shocked at losing a person who was so many people's friend. See facebook.ie Rip Ronnie Walsh and feel free to join. Sleep well Keg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I think Ronnie would have loved the fact the priest was talking about his Facebook page. :)
    His updates were always so funny, and his banter back and forth with everyone, missing it already. :(
    Ive never seen such a crowd at a funeral, and i doubt we will again.

A little bit of the towns spirit died with Ronnie i think, he was genuinely liked by everyone, you can only hope he knew that. :( And if he didnt, lets hope he knows it now.
    And the fact we all feel the loss so much, i cant begin to imagine what his wife and family are feeling right now, my heart goes out to them. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jackdee7

just want to thank everyone for their kind words about ronnie.ron lived life to the full and we will be greatly missed.He is up above now asking god for a pint of guinness.HE was a great crack to be around at social events and will be badly missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

jackdee7 wrote: »
    just want to thank everyone for their kind words about ronnie.ron lived life to the full and we will be greatly missed.He is up above now asking god for a pint of guinness.HE was a great crack to be around at social events and will be badly missed.

I think he is just ordering up there a Heineken :o

He always made me smile will miss him in town loads.

Lovely tribute to him on yesterdays Irish Indipendent.

Advertisement